Handmade Birthstone Jewellery Inspiration
Every month of the year represents a stunning gemstone! So if you're after a special gift with meaning, why not make them a piece of jewellery featuring your loved one's birthstone. On this page, we explore the twelve birthstones, sharing some of our favourite customer birthstone designs - we hope they inspire you to make your own unique pieces! You'll find lots of beginner-friendly kits as well as more advanced step by step jewellery making tutorials on our website.
What are the 12 birthstones?
- January: Garnet
- February: Amethyst
- March: Aquamarine
- April: Diamond
- May: Emerald
- June: Pearl
- July: Ruby
- August: Peridot
- September: Sapphire
- October: Opal
- November: Topaz
- December: Turquoise
We make it easy for your to make your own birthstone jewellery! Shop by birthstone, with each birthstone category you'll find beautiful gemstone cabochons, faceted stones and gemstone beads in a range of shapes and sizes. For beginners, we recommend checking out our jewellery settings as well as our jewellery making kits and free tutorials. Don't hesitate to get in touch with our team if you have any questions or would like to place your order over the phone, we'd love to help!
Gold granulated studs with pops of emerald by Sophie Cunliffe. Read our interview with Sophie to find out more about her stunning designs
Ocean & Earth: "Featuring a stunning combination of light to dark sapphire rondelle gemstones, fastened onto a dainty bracelet chain. Sapphire is the most precious and valuable blue gemstone. It is one of the most desirable gemstones due to its beautiful colour, stone hardness, durability, and luster. This would make a beautiful gift and sapphire is the traditional birthstone for September!"
Shop Jewellery Making Supplies With Kernowcraft
Explore our birthstone categories and discover cabochons, faceted stones and beads to use in your birthstone jewellery designs.
Our jewellery making kits comes with online step by step instructions and handy one-click shopping list. Why not customise the kits by using a birthstone instead?
Whether you're interested in beading, wire wrapping, stone setting or using metal clay - we have so many brilliant guides and step by step tutorials to get your started.
Our jewellery settings make it so easy to make your own jewellery designs! Choose from loose settings which you can solder onto your designs, or start with basic ring, pendant and earring settings for quick and easy designs.
Also in this section:
- How To Make Your Own Chakra Jewellery
- Our Favourite Customer Designs Of 2022
- Handmade Garnet Jewellery Designs We Love
- Trending Magenta Gemstones & Jewellery Designs
- Top 12 Best Selling Gemstone Cabochons
- Our Favourite Customer Jewellery Designs Of 2021
- 12 Good Luck Charms To Add To Your Jewellery
- Handmade Jewellery Creations Using Turquoise
- Handmade Birthstone Jewellery Inspiration
- Our Favourite Customer Jewellery Designs Of 2020
- 12 Things To Do At Home If You Love Jewellery Making
- Favourite Customer Jewellery Designs Of 2019
- 20 Handmade Heart Jewellery Designs
- 16 Amethyst Jewellery Designs We Love
- Easy Handmade Mother's Day Jewellery Gift Ideas
- 11 Amazing Handmade Aquamarine Jewellery Designs
- 17 Jewellery Designs Using Liver Of Sulphur
- Customisable Earrings For Non Pierced Ears
- 25 Additional Jewellery Making Supplies For Your Collection
- Our Favourite #KernowcraftXmas Designs
- 25 Jewellers Creating Bespoke Engagement Rings
- 15 Statement Onyx Jewellery Designs We Love
- 9 Gemstone Ring Designs We're Obsessed With
- What Is Rose Gold Filled?
- Australian Opal Jewellery Designs
- Handmade Floral Jewellery Designs
- Using Crystals For Jewellery Making
- 4 Easy Jewellery Making Projects For Kids
- Handmade Father's Day Gifts
- 4 Reasons To Do A Craft Course
- Chunky Chains & DIY Projects
- DIY Hair Accessories With Gemstones
- 18 Handmade Emerald Jewellery Designs
- What Is Granulation & Jewellery Designs We Love
- 10 Jewellery Making YouTube Channels To Watch
- Favourite Customer Designs Of 2018
- Favourite Customer Jewellery Designs Of 2017
- 11 Easy Handmade Christmas Jewellery Making Projects
- Prosecco & Rubies’ Top Tips for Buying the Perfect Gift
- 8 Jewellery Projects To Release Your Inner Dark Side
- Out Of This World, Galaxy Jewellery Designs!
- How Has Making Jewellery Helped You?
- Opal Jewellery Designs We Love Right Now
- 4 Jewellery Making Books For Beginners
- 16 Sea Glass Designs We Love
- Jewellery Making With Peridot
- Jewellery Designs Using Ruby Gemstones
- 10 Essentials For A Busy Jeweller
- 20 Boho Inspired Jewellery Designs
- What Jewellers Think Of Alligator Tape
- Top 20 #KernowcraftNature Designs
- The Gemstones For Nature Lovers
- How To Help The Environment As A Jewellery Designer
- 14 Jewellery Designs Inspired By Nature
- 22 Jewellery Designs Inspired By The Sea
- 5 Personalised Jewellery Gift Ideas
- Making Your Own Wedding Jewellery
- How To Use Pantone’s Colour Of The Year Ultra Violet In Jewellery Making
- Top 6 Chains For Your Jewellery Designs
- 14 Beachcombing Tips For Beginners
- Autumn Jewellery Inspiration
- Protecting Your Hands When Jewellery Making
- Minimalist Jewellers To Follow On Instagram Right Now
- Using Charms In Your Jewellery Designs
- International Beading Week Interview
- Soldering For Jewellers Book Review
- Make Your Own Festival Jewellery
- 10 Tips For Creating A Jewellery Wedding Collection
- Customer Creations in 2016
- 10 Reasons To Do Jewellery Making With Your Kids
- Our Favourite Halloween Inspired Jewellery Designs
- 9 of Our Favourite Christmas Inspired Jewellery Designs
- 5 Minute Handmade Jewellery Gifts This Christmas
- 6 Ways To Support Small Businesses This Christmas
HAVE A QUESTION?
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with our friendly team who will be more than happy to give you advice over email or on the phone.
You can learn more and find inspiration by visiting our Jewellery Making Tutorials, Jewellery Making Kits and YouTube Channel. Don't forget to follow us on social media and tag us in your designs on Instagram & Facebook, we would love to see!