Trending Magenta Gemstones & Jewellery Designs
Be inspired by the trending colour magenta!
Fall in love with the pinkish, purplish red colour of magenta, perfect for using in your handmade jewellery designs as it instantly catches your eye with its intense colour.
Magenta has been named Colour Of The Year for 2023 by Pantone! This colour is thought to bring harmony and balance, with the red tones symbolising passion and power paired with the calmness of purple hues. We love how magenta offers a unique and vibrant colour, giving your designs a sense of self-expression and allowing you to create fun and bold jewellery designs using this statement colour.
Below we share some of our top gemstone picks that we think work wonderfully with the theme of magenta. We think that ruby is the perfect match, along with our magenta pink chalcedony briolettes and magenta glow cubic zirconia stones. We also share some beginner friendly jewellery designs so you can get creating and wear this powerful colour even with limited jewellery making experience.
This rare gem is adored for its unique pinky red colouring, durability and incredible lustre. In sunlight, rubies have a wonderful glow where their colour is intensified.
Ruby is a symbol of love, passion and power - making it a great choice to use in your jewellery designs for those meaningful makes.
At Kernowcraft, you will find a beautiful range of ruby stones including cabochons, faceted stones, briolettes and beads to use in your handmade designs.
Another lovely magenta top pick is these sparkling chalcedony briolettes! Briolettes are usually head drilled, which are faceted and pear shaped - they are best sellers due to how lovely they are for creating statement pendants or earring drops to create modern designs with. These chalcedony briolettes have been treated to give them that rich pink/burgundy colour which emphasises the beauty of these beads. We also love how they sparkle due to the facets covering them.
These are sure to brighten up any piece of jewellery and will definitely add some fun to your jewellery designs.
In this charm and briolette design, we've wire wrapped the briolette and used our elegant sterling silver teardrop charm to create a gorgeous frame for the bead to hang.
This is such a popular way to show off the beauty of briolette beads and offers a modern, yet minimal design.
We love using silkon thread as it provides a strong thread that does not fray or stretch, making it ideal for necklace and bracelet designs. This thread also comes in a beautiful range of colours so you can really get creative with your makes.
Follow our step by step photo tutorial on how to create this necklace design, where you'll learn how to add findings to create a secure fastening. The tutorial also includes a list of recommended tools and supplies.
We are obsessed with these glowy sparkling stones! They have a rich magenta colour, which ranges from plum, garnet red to deep flashes of violet and purple. If you're after an eye catching design, these stones certainly have the wow factor plus they really come to life with movement in natural light.
Cubic zirconia is a man made stone and is loved for its clarity, sparkle and affordability, they also make great alternatives to other gemstones such as diamonds. Explore our full collection of cubic zirconia stones with so many shapes and sizes to choose from!
In the necklace design below, we've set a 5mm magenta cubic zirconia stone into our popular sterling silver snaptite pendant settings and hung onto a sterling silver rope necklet. The beauty of these settings is that the back of the setting is slightly smaller than the stone, which cleverly provides just enough tension on the claws so that they 'snap' around the stone when the correct pressure is applied. You'll also find snaptite earstuds on our website so you can easily create matching jewellery sets!
More inspiration is waiting with Kernowcraft
In need of some more inspiration? Head on over to our jewellery making kits for beginner friendly projects, with online step by step instructions and handy one-click shopping list.
Also in this section:
- How To Make Your Own Chakra Jewellery
- Our Favourite Customer Designs Of 2022
- Handmade Garnet Jewellery Designs We Love
- Trending Magenta Gemstones & Jewellery Designs
- Top 12 Best Selling Gemstone Cabochons
- Our Favourite Customer Jewellery Designs Of 2021
- 12 Good Luck Charms To Add To Your Jewellery
- Handmade Jewellery Creations Using Turquoise
- Handmade Birthstone Jewellery Inspiration
- Our Favourite Customer Jewellery Designs Of 2020
- 12 Things To Do At Home If You Love Jewellery Making
- Favourite Customer Jewellery Designs Of 2019
- 20 Handmade Heart Jewellery Designs
- 16 Amethyst Jewellery Designs We Love
- Easy Handmade Mother's Day Jewellery Gift Ideas
- 11 Amazing Handmade Aquamarine Jewellery Designs
- 17 Jewellery Designs Using Liver Of Sulphur
- Customisable Earrings For Non Pierced Ears
- 25 Additional Jewellery Making Supplies For Your Collection
- Our Favourite #KernowcraftXmas Designs
- 25 Jewellers Creating Bespoke Engagement Rings
- 15 Statement Onyx Jewellery Designs We Love
- 9 Gemstone Ring Designs We're Obsessed With
- What Is Rose Gold Filled?
- Australian Opal Jewellery Designs
- Handmade Floral Jewellery Designs
- Using Crystals For Jewellery Making
- 4 Easy Jewellery Making Projects For Kids
- Handmade Father's Day Gifts
- 4 Reasons To Do A Craft Course
- Chunky Chains & DIY Projects
- DIY Hair Accessories With Gemstones
- 18 Handmade Emerald Jewellery Designs
- What Is Granulation & Jewellery Designs We Love
- 10 Jewellery Making YouTube Channels To Watch
- Favourite Customer Designs Of 2018
- Favourite Customer Jewellery Designs Of 2017
- 11 Easy Handmade Christmas Jewellery Making Projects
- Prosecco & Rubies’ Top Tips for Buying the Perfect Gift
- 8 Jewellery Projects To Release Your Inner Dark Side
- Out Of This World, Galaxy Jewellery Designs!
- How Has Making Jewellery Helped You?
- Opal Jewellery Designs We Love Right Now
- 4 Jewellery Making Books For Beginners
- 16 Sea Glass Designs We Love
- Jewellery Making With Peridot
- Jewellery Designs Using Ruby Gemstones
- 10 Essentials For A Busy Jeweller
- 20 Boho Inspired Jewellery Designs
- What Jewellers Think Of Alligator Tape
- Top 20 #KernowcraftNature Designs
- The Gemstones For Nature Lovers
- How To Help The Environment As A Jewellery Designer
- 14 Jewellery Designs Inspired By Nature
- 22 Jewellery Designs Inspired By The Sea
- 5 Personalised Jewellery Gift Ideas
- Making Your Own Wedding Jewellery
- How To Use Pantone’s Colour Of The Year Ultra Violet In Jewellery Making
- Top 6 Chains For Your Jewellery Designs
- 14 Beachcombing Tips For Beginners
- Autumn Jewellery Inspiration
- Protecting Your Hands When Jewellery Making
- Minimalist Jewellers To Follow On Instagram Right Now
- Using Charms In Your Jewellery Designs
- International Beading Week Interview
- Soldering For Jewellers Book Review
- Make Your Own Festival Jewellery
- 10 Tips For Creating A Jewellery Wedding Collection
- Customer Creations in 2016
- 10 Reasons To Do Jewellery Making With Your Kids
- Our Favourite Halloween Inspired Jewellery Designs
- 9 of Our Favourite Christmas Inspired Jewellery Designs
- 5 Minute Handmade Jewellery Gifts This Christmas
- 6 Ways To Support Small Businesses This Christmas