Our Favourite Customer Designs Of 2022
Each year we love to look back over your handmade jewellery designs using Kernowcraft gemstones and supplies. We are always amazed at the creativity of our customers and how each design is truly unique - we can often recognise designs due to jewellers' signature styles!
We've looked back through our tagged posts on Instagram and have picked some of our favourite designs to share with you below. These designs feature a range of jewellery making techniques from stone setting, silver clay, texturing, wire wrapping, granulation to engraving. We are so thankful for this community of jewellers, we love connecting with you and discovering new makers - thank you if you have ever shared your designs with us.
We hope you love these jewellery designs as much as we do and maybe they'll inspire your designs for the new year. We can't wait to see what you all have in store for us next! Make sure you're following us on social media (find us on Instagram & Facebook) and don't forget to tag us in your designs and use #kernowcraft for a chance to feature. Who knows you could make the 2023 list!
The clear quartz sphere in these actually spin and is designed to help with anxiety. They're great to fiddle with and super pretty and always get compliments when worn!
Clear quartz is considered a “master healer.” It's said to amplify energy by absorbing, storing, releasing, and regulating it. It's also said to aid concentration and memory. Physically, clear crystals are claimed to help stimulate the immune system and balance out your entire body.
Iolite crystals are used to help recover a lost sense of balance. They are often recommended to those suffering from a feeling of disorientation or a lack of motivation. The stone strengthens our resolve to take on new responsibilities and carry them out properly."
Saffron Anaphoenix: "Gorgeous otter earrings off to their new home, swimming round stunning iolite gemstones from Kernowcraft. Iolite is named after the Greek word 'ios' meaning violet. The rich purple-y to blue hues of iolite earned this gemstone the nickname of Water Sapphire.
Iolite is not a sapphire, It’s a member of the cordierite mineral family, but also earnt the name from being the 'The Viking Compass' due to the stone’s pleochroism. The Vikings used these gems to help them navigate the seas on cloudy days. The gem acted as a polarising filter and allowed ancient sailors to determine the approximate position of the sun."
This incredible design won our Kernowcraft Gems competition back in August!
Crafts Of The Shoreline: "I saw these London blue topaz stones on Kernowcraft and had to had them... even though I had no clue what to do with them. Some 0.3mm sterling silver wire and a couple of tutorial videos later this is the outcome. What do you think?"
Lots Of Love Jewellery: "I’m welcoming in the month of love with my handmade silver heart necklace that I have embellished with a beautiful Peruvian amazonite from Kernowcraft. I love how it gives the design a bit of a boho vibe.
The heart has been textured and domed to give it a lovely tactile feel. Perfect for valentine’s."
Honeybee Designs: "Any February birthdays out there? This one’s for you! Believe it or not, this beauty is an amethyst and if you are born in February then you probably know that amethyst is your birthstone.
You might not have known that the traditionally purple gemstone can also come in this beautifully delicate shade of green. Also known as Prasiolite, this ‘green quartz’ can occur naturally but is incredibly rare. Most green amethyst available today is created from heat treated natural purple amethyst. Hand carved and cast silver signet ring with a 10x8mm faceted green amethyst…"
This beautiful gemstone bracelet is one of our favourite designs of the year, made by Cat Stacey Jewellery in collaboration with Kernowcraft! We absolutely loved Cat's finished design using our Turundu 'sapphire' rondelle beads. This beginner-friendly beading tutorial shows you how to make your own beaded bracelet featuring Flex-Rite jewellery wire, wire guardians and an extender chain.
Includes video tutorial and list of recommended tools & supplies.
I Love Dolly: "Another share of these kinetic aquamarine beauties I made recently - with two silver discs to each earring, textured on good old concrete slabs in my back yard and with handforged swirl detail. Handcrafted using traditional silversmithing skills and basic tools and the most exquisite aquamarines from Kernowcraft."
Surferg1rl: "If you can be a mermaid, always be a mermaid. Lovely supplies from Kernowcraft. Can’t resist keeping the green one!"
Shop our collection of beginner friendly ring settings. This mermaid ring only requires a dab of glue to set your chosen cabochon stone.
Silver Sapling Jewellery: "It's funny to think back to when we first designed these barnacle rings, not knowing just quite how popular they would be! Very grateful to every single person who has bought their own little cluster of silver and gold crustaceans. And they've now ended up in some quite far flung corners of the world. I think the furthest we've posted one to is Hawaii... or Australia - which is furthest?!"
Tide And Trove: "I had the privilege of making this lovely piece and now that it’s been gifted I can finally share it. Half eternity; 100% recycled buttery gold and sapphire. The brief - organic, rustic, resembling treasures from the past. 6 bezel set sapphires, designed to be very special, but low profile enough that it can be worn every day without catching or the risk of losing a stone. The gold and blue is a beautiful combination - a traditional concept with a very contemporary finish; I love a half eternity!"
Skylark Jewellery: "No doubt about it, jewellery is a luxury but that doesn’t mean it needs to ‘cost’ the earth. Right from the start I have used almost all recycled silver and gold to create my jewellery. Gem stones are ethically sourced and packaging recycled/recyclable. I have a vision of creating pieces that you feel great in... twice over! Once because they’re beautiful and twice because you’re supporting a way of working that takes care of our precious world."
If you love using Kernowcraft gemstones and jewellery making supplies, follow us for inspiration, tutorials and inspiration. Don't forget to tag us in your jewellery designs and use #Kernowcraft for a chance to feature - we love seeing your creations.
At Kernowcraft, we pride ourselves on sourcing the very best, high quality gemstones for your jewellery designs. Explore our huge collection of gemstone cabochons, faceted and beads online now and get creating.
Also in this section:
- How To Make Your Own Chakra Jewellery
- Our Favourite Customer Designs Of 2022
- Handmade Garnet Jewellery Designs We Love
- Trending Magenta Gemstones & Jewellery Designs
- Top 12 Best Selling Gemstone Cabochons
- Our Favourite Customer Jewellery Designs Of 2021
- 12 Good Luck Charms To Add To Your Jewellery
- Handmade Jewellery Creations Using Turquoise
- Handmade Birthstone Jewellery Inspiration
- Our Favourite Customer Jewellery Designs Of 2020
- 12 Things To Do At Home If You Love Jewellery Making
- Favourite Customer Jewellery Designs Of 2019
- 20 Handmade Heart Jewellery Designs
- 16 Amethyst Jewellery Designs We Love
- Easy Handmade Mother's Day Jewellery Gift Ideas
- 11 Amazing Handmade Aquamarine Jewellery Designs
- 17 Jewellery Designs Using Liver Of Sulphur
- Customisable Earrings For Non Pierced Ears
- 25 Additional Jewellery Making Supplies For Your Collection
- Our Favourite #KernowcraftXmas Designs
- 25 Jewellers Creating Bespoke Engagement Rings
- 15 Statement Onyx Jewellery Designs We Love
- 9 Gemstone Ring Designs We're Obsessed With
- What Is Rose Gold Filled?
- Australian Opal Jewellery Designs
- Handmade Floral Jewellery Designs
- Using Crystals For Jewellery Making
- 4 Easy Jewellery Making Projects For Kids
- Handmade Father's Day Gifts
- 4 Reasons To Do A Craft Course
- Chunky Chains & DIY Projects
- DIY Hair Accessories With Gemstones
- 18 Handmade Emerald Jewellery Designs
- What Is Granulation & Jewellery Designs We Love
- 10 Jewellery Making YouTube Channels To Watch
- Favourite Customer Designs Of 2018
- Favourite Customer Jewellery Designs Of 2017
- 11 Easy Handmade Christmas Jewellery Making Projects
- Prosecco & Rubies’ Top Tips for Buying the Perfect Gift
- 8 Jewellery Projects To Release Your Inner Dark Side
- Out Of This World, Galaxy Jewellery Designs!
- How Has Making Jewellery Helped You?
- Opal Jewellery Designs We Love Right Now
- 4 Jewellery Making Books For Beginners
- 16 Sea Glass Designs We Love
- Jewellery Making With Peridot
- Jewellery Designs Using Ruby Gemstones
- 10 Essentials For A Busy Jeweller
- 20 Boho Inspired Jewellery Designs
- What Jewellers Think Of Alligator Tape
- Top 20 #KernowcraftNature Designs
- The Gemstones For Nature Lovers
- How To Help The Environment As A Jewellery Designer
- 14 Jewellery Designs Inspired By Nature
- 22 Jewellery Designs Inspired By The Sea
- 5 Personalised Jewellery Gift Ideas
- Making Your Own Wedding Jewellery
- How To Use Pantone’s Colour Of The Year Ultra Violet In Jewellery Making
- Top 6 Chains For Your Jewellery Designs
- 14 Beachcombing Tips For Beginners
- Autumn Jewellery Inspiration
- Protecting Your Hands When Jewellery Making
- Minimalist Jewellers To Follow On Instagram Right Now
- Using Charms In Your Jewellery Designs
- International Beading Week Interview
- Soldering For Jewellers Book Review
- Make Your Own Festival Jewellery
- 10 Tips For Creating A Jewellery Wedding Collection
- Customer Creations in 2016
- 10 Reasons To Do Jewellery Making With Your Kids
- Our Favourite Halloween Inspired Jewellery Designs
- 9 of Our Favourite Christmas Inspired Jewellery Designs
- 5 Minute Handmade Jewellery Gifts This Christmas
- 6 Ways To Support Small Businesses This Christmas