Using Crystals For Jewellery Making
Crystals have always been a popular choice within handmade jewellery, especially with the focus being around boho and festival designs. At Kernowcraft, we have so many crystals and rough gemstones to choose from. Whether you're after crystal points, rough nugget beads or ready to wear pendants - we have something for everyone! Check out some ideas below using crystals for modern and contemporary designs and get all the supplies you need to get making.
Carolyn Anne Jewellery creates pretty jewellery using beads! This is so simple yet beautiful, using wire-wrapping techniques to create a crystal point necklace. This is a great way to put all the focus on your chosen gemstone. Read our interview with Carolyn here and find out all about her handmade business.
Sanne from Fijnzilver creates these pretty tourmaline crystal earrings with golden detailing, made especially for her mum! "Her style is quite different from mine so I wanted to make something that suited her while staying true to my own creativity."
Wire-Wrapped Crystal Rings
We absolutely love these rough crystal wire wrapped rings made by Erranim! Wondering how to make one? Read our tutorial page here on how to make a wire-wrapped ring and have a go for yourself!
How gorgeous is this design by Jenny from Sea Surf Rocks! We love the geometric shapes and the added dimension the chain brings. Read our tutorial page on how to wire-wrap a bead here.
Claw Set Crystal
Iasthai creates an elegant claw setting to wrap this gorgeous peridot crystal! A beautiful sterling silver ring made for a special friend. Read our tutorial on how to make a claw setting here.
Why not add an extra dimension to a wire wrapped crystal by adding a few extra beads into the chain? Read our tutorial on how to create a bead chain here.
Our range of beautiful crystal point beads are fully head drilled, ready to be incorporated into your jewellery designs. We love wire wrapping them!
Also in this section:
- How To Make Your Own Chakra Jewellery
- Our Favourite Customer Designs Of 2022
- Handmade Garnet Jewellery Designs We Love
- Trending Magenta Gemstones & Jewellery Designs
- Top 12 Best Selling Gemstone Cabochons
- Our Favourite Customer Jewellery Designs Of 2021
- 12 Good Luck Charms To Add To Your Jewellery
- Handmade Jewellery Creations Using Turquoise
- Handmade Birthstone Jewellery Inspiration
- Our Favourite Customer Jewellery Designs Of 2020
- 12 Things To Do At Home If You Love Jewellery Making
- Favourite Customer Jewellery Designs Of 2019
- 20 Handmade Heart Jewellery Designs
- 16 Amethyst Jewellery Designs We Love
- Easy Handmade Mother's Day Jewellery Gift Ideas
- 11 Amazing Handmade Aquamarine Jewellery Designs
- 17 Jewellery Designs Using Liver Of Sulphur
- Customisable Earrings For Non Pierced Ears
- 25 Additional Jewellery Making Supplies For Your Collection
- Our Favourite #KernowcraftXmas Designs
- 25 Jewellers Creating Bespoke Engagement Rings
- 15 Statement Onyx Jewellery Designs We Love
- 9 Gemstone Ring Designs We're Obsessed With
- What Is Rose Gold Filled?
- Australian Opal Jewellery Designs
- Handmade Floral Jewellery Designs
- Using Crystals For Jewellery Making
- 4 Easy Jewellery Making Projects For Kids
- Handmade Father's Day Gifts
- 4 Reasons To Do A Craft Course
- Chunky Chains & DIY Projects
- DIY Hair Accessories With Gemstones
- 18 Handmade Emerald Jewellery Designs
- What Is Granulation & Jewellery Designs We Love
- 10 Jewellery Making YouTube Channels To Watch
- Favourite Customer Designs Of 2018
- Favourite Customer Jewellery Designs Of 2017
- 11 Easy Handmade Christmas Jewellery Making Projects
- Prosecco & Rubies’ Top Tips for Buying the Perfect Gift
- 8 Jewellery Projects To Release Your Inner Dark Side
- Out Of This World, Galaxy Jewellery Designs!
- How Has Making Jewellery Helped You?
- Opal Jewellery Designs We Love Right Now
- 4 Jewellery Making Books For Beginners
- 16 Sea Glass Designs We Love
- Jewellery Making With Peridot
- Jewellery Designs Using Ruby Gemstones
- 10 Essentials For A Busy Jeweller
- 20 Boho Inspired Jewellery Designs
- What Jewellers Think Of Alligator Tape
- Top 20 #KernowcraftNature Designs
- The Gemstones For Nature Lovers
- How To Help The Environment As A Jewellery Designer
- 14 Jewellery Designs Inspired By Nature
- 22 Jewellery Designs Inspired By The Sea
- 5 Personalised Jewellery Gift Ideas
- Making Your Own Wedding Jewellery
- How To Use Pantone’s Colour Of The Year Ultra Violet In Jewellery Making
- Top 6 Chains For Your Jewellery Designs
- 14 Beachcombing Tips For Beginners
- Autumn Jewellery Inspiration
- Protecting Your Hands When Jewellery Making
- Minimalist Jewellers To Follow On Instagram Right Now
- Using Charms In Your Jewellery Designs
- International Beading Week Interview
- Soldering For Jewellers Book Review
- Make Your Own Festival Jewellery
- 10 Tips For Creating A Jewellery Wedding Collection
- Customer Creations in 2016
- 10 Reasons To Do Jewellery Making With Your Kids
- Our Favourite Halloween Inspired Jewellery Designs
- 9 of Our Favourite Christmas Inspired Jewellery Designs
- 5 Minute Handmade Jewellery Gifts This Christmas
- 6 Ways To Support Small Businesses This Christmas