Our Favourite Customer Jewellery Designs Of 2020
With 2020 being such a tough and uncertain year, we saw more jewellers turn to their craft as a much needed distraction, putting all their love and attention in what they love most - making jewellery! We've loved watching hobbyists and small businesses grow this year, finding their style and sharing their new creations. Social media has been a great way for us to connect with customers and enjoy the little community we have created together, there's nothing more rewarding than seeing what you have all designed using our gemstones and supplies! Below, we share only a handful of our favourite designs from the year, it's always so hard to pick our favourites but we hope you love them as much as we do and they inspire you for your next make! Will you make it onto the list next year?
"One of my favourite projects yet! This is a little custom piece for my bestie. Abbie chose these stones and asked me to create a cuff that she designed herself. The cuff has 6 recycled silver nuggets and 6 beautiful stones. Ethiopian opal, sapphire, 2x moonstone, apatite and an opal triplet."
"This ring was made from materials I already had on my bench; the shank was made from scrap silver, melted and rolled into wire, the bezel was one I made a while back, the granules melted from scrap and the gorgeous rose cut aqua blue chalcedony was one I had in my gem stash (originally from Kernowcraft of course!)"
"White sea glass spiral earrings. All of my jewellery is sterling silver and handmade from my own little corner of Cornwall. "
"This was an amazing commission for a ruby wedding anniversary, with beautiful rubies from Kernowcraft and gold fill. Such beautiful materials to work with and will definitely be using them again. Gold fill is such a beautiful warm gold colour (and hard-wearing, and low maintenance, AND a fraction of the cost of solid gold!), and those Rubies are just incredible, and even deeper and richer in colour in real life."
"I was going to hang fire BUT it’s pretty fitting that the #kernowcraftchallenge prompt for today is ‘moon’ sooo this beautiful set is available from today - woohoo! Plus, I can never get a decent photo of the moon using a camera phone anyway. Each crescent moon pendant is hand shaped and polished by me and this time I’ve used a more delicate trace chain for the necklace in an 18” length."
"We are so excited to be back in our cosy jumpers going on sunset beach walks."
"This necklace has probably been one of the most difficult pieces lately to photograph. The stone is a tourmalinated quartz which is a clear stone with lots of black needle like lines through it. I love the sharp, jagged look to it which is the opposite to my normal style. I've tried to enhance this look with sterling silver wire soldered to the bezel setting."
Sea glass jewellery has also taken the jewellery making world by storm in the last year! It's budget friendly and allows you to get creative with so many designs, from drilling, wire wrapping to stone setting. Watch out beginner sea glass video below or check out our sea glass stone setting tutorials here instead.
"I have lots of stones but have only recently stepped up my stone setting game and if we are talking sparkles. Then I guess this grey diamond would be the ‘sparkliest’ (not sure that is a real word!) My photography skills have not done the diamond justice but hopefully there will be more 💎 to come though!"
Find More Inspiration
Our beginner friendly jewellery making kits have online step by step instructions, with a handy one-click shopping list that you can easily customise with your favourite gemstones and supplies.
Our jewellery making tutorials cover a large range of jewellery making techniques, so whether you're at the start of your journey or are an experienced metalsmith, we've got a tutorial for everyone! Don't forget to check out the 12 Months of Metal series with Kim Thomson here.
Use #Kernowcraft and tag us on social media for the chance to be featured and so we can admire your beautiful jewellery designs!
Also in this section:
- How To Make Your Own Chakra Jewellery
- Our Favourite Customer Designs Of 2022
- Handmade Garnet Jewellery Designs We Love
- Trending Magenta Gemstones & Jewellery Designs
- Top 12 Best Selling Gemstone Cabochons
- Our Favourite Customer Jewellery Designs Of 2021
- 12 Good Luck Charms To Add To Your Jewellery
- Handmade Jewellery Creations Using Turquoise
- Handmade Birthstone Jewellery Inspiration
- Our Favourite Customer Jewellery Designs Of 2020
- 12 Things To Do At Home If You Love Jewellery Making
- Favourite Customer Jewellery Designs Of 2019
- 20 Handmade Heart Jewellery Designs
- 16 Amethyst Jewellery Designs We Love
- Easy Handmade Mother's Day Jewellery Gift Ideas
- 11 Amazing Handmade Aquamarine Jewellery Designs
- 17 Jewellery Designs Using Liver Of Sulphur
- Customisable Earrings For Non Pierced Ears
- 25 Additional Jewellery Making Supplies For Your Collection
- Our Favourite #KernowcraftXmas Designs
- 25 Jewellers Creating Bespoke Engagement Rings
- 15 Statement Onyx Jewellery Designs We Love
- 9 Gemstone Ring Designs We're Obsessed With
- What Is Rose Gold Filled?
- Australian Opal Jewellery Designs
- Handmade Floral Jewellery Designs
- Using Crystals For Jewellery Making
- 4 Easy Jewellery Making Projects For Kids
- Handmade Father's Day Gifts
- 4 Reasons To Do A Craft Course
- Chunky Chains & DIY Projects
- DIY Hair Accessories With Gemstones
- 18 Handmade Emerald Jewellery Designs
- What Is Granulation & Jewellery Designs We Love
- 10 Jewellery Making YouTube Channels To Watch
- Favourite Customer Designs Of 2018
- Favourite Customer Jewellery Designs Of 2017
- 11 Easy Handmade Christmas Jewellery Making Projects
- Prosecco & Rubies’ Top Tips for Buying the Perfect Gift
- 8 Jewellery Projects To Release Your Inner Dark Side
- Out Of This World, Galaxy Jewellery Designs!
- How Has Making Jewellery Helped You?
- Opal Jewellery Designs We Love Right Now
- 4 Jewellery Making Books For Beginners
- 16 Sea Glass Designs We Love
- Jewellery Making With Peridot
- Jewellery Designs Using Ruby Gemstones
- 10 Essentials For A Busy Jeweller
- 20 Boho Inspired Jewellery Designs
- What Jewellers Think Of Alligator Tape
- Top 20 #KernowcraftNature Designs
- The Gemstones For Nature Lovers
- How To Help The Environment As A Jewellery Designer
- 14 Jewellery Designs Inspired By Nature
- 22 Jewellery Designs Inspired By The Sea
- 5 Personalised Jewellery Gift Ideas
- Making Your Own Wedding Jewellery
- How To Use Pantone’s Colour Of The Year Ultra Violet In Jewellery Making
- Top 6 Chains For Your Jewellery Designs
- 14 Beachcombing Tips For Beginners
- Autumn Jewellery Inspiration
- Protecting Your Hands When Jewellery Making
- Minimalist Jewellers To Follow On Instagram Right Now
- Using Charms In Your Jewellery Designs
- International Beading Week Interview
- Soldering For Jewellers Book Review
- Make Your Own Festival Jewellery
- 10 Tips For Creating A Jewellery Wedding Collection
- Customer Creations in 2016
- 10 Reasons To Do Jewellery Making With Your Kids
- Our Favourite Halloween Inspired Jewellery Designs
- 9 of Our Favourite Christmas Inspired Jewellery Designs
- 5 Minute Handmade Jewellery Gifts This Christmas
- 6 Ways To Support Small Businesses This Christmas