Our Favourite Customer Designs Of 2023
Each year we love to look back over your handmade jewellery designs using Kernowcraft gemstones and supplies. We are always amazed at the creativity of our customers and how each design is truly unique - we can often recognise designs due to jewellers' signature styles!
We've looked back through our tagged posts on Instagram and have picked some of our favourite designs to share with you below. These designs feature a range of jewellery making techniques from stone setting, silver clay, texturing, wire wrapping, granulation to engraving. We are so thankful for this community of jewellers, we love connecting with you and discovering new makers - thank you if you have ever shared your designs with us.
We hope you love these jewellery designs as much as we do and maybe they'll inspire your designs for the new year. We can't wait to see what you all have in store for us next! Make sure you're following us on social media (find us on Instagram & Facebook) and don't forget to tag us in your designs and use #kernowcraft for a chance to feature. Who knows you could make the 2024 list!
billie.ellen.designs: "The gold used is part of a sprue from a previous gold ring, I was able to cut a small part off and re-melt the gold into a new ingot. I then took this ingot over to my rolling mill and went through the various stages of rolling the gold until i reached the desired diameter and legnth I needed.
I purchased this green diamond from @kernowcraft with the intentions of using it in another project to list on my shop. However, I fell in-love with the colour and knew I had to use it in one of my own rings!
I chose to use a technique that's new to me; granulation, it adds a bit of interest to an otherwise simple ring design. I like how the balls taper down and I feel like they draw your eye to the star of the show; the stunning green diamond!
The texture on the band was achieved using one of my fretz hammers, creating a ripple like appearance which is both appealing to look at & to touch. Finally I chose to go for a satin finish (no surprise there!) It's my personal favourite as it makes the gold appear like glitter in sunlight and is better at hiding wear & tear compared to a high polish finish."
I've set them in 100% recycled Sterling silver, with an organic design featuring tiny silver balls. The silver has been oxidised, then polished for a rustic look.
These earrings would make a lovely birthday gift for March birthday,( or as a treat for yourself!)
eilatanjewellery: "When the Amber hits just right. Did you know that Amber technically isn’t a gemstone but is the product of tree sap? When a tree is injured, it cries. Kinda kidding, kinda not. I don’t know if it cries in pain, but as a defence mechanism it forms a sap to help heal the injured area. Over time, this sap (aka resin), hardens and create the Amber we know and love. By “over time” I mean like a millennia. The Amber we buy is SO old. But, if you’ve ever been lucky enough to see some dark inclusions like this right here, you’ve been lucky enough to see a trapped bug (sad for the bug though). The clearer the bug the more prized the Amber. Anyway, here’s my lil buggy Amber ring which I love."
seaandsolderworkshops: "Another stunning ring executed in the workshop this week.
A beautiful bumblebee jasper from @kernowcraft that looks like the most amazing landscape rather than a bumblebee 🐝 Carol chose to take away the edges of her bezel to show off as much of the detail in this stone as possible.
Fun fact: 'Bumblebee Jasper is not actually a type of jasper as its name suggests, but is a fibrous calcite with banding of orange, yellow and black material which is formed from a mixture of volcanic lava and sediment' "
seasoulandsky: "This is something I’ve wanted to learn for so long and today I finally made some time to follow a tutorial by @oxana124 - clearly a very skilled, and thanks to the pause button, a super patient teacher. I’m hoping with a few more tries I’ll be able to come up with my own designs and start adding some to my Etsy shop but for now you can admire this lovely pendant I made. "
Show your spooky side with this Halloween-themed necklace. The perfect accessory to make you stand out this fall, this Pumpkin and Garnet necklace will put a fright in all your friends! Crafted with an eerie spooky charm, you can get into the spirit of the season with this one-of-a-kind accessory!"
The larger sapphire and 2 diamonds were taken from a ring that I no longer wore and the gold was also melted down and used in the ring. I added a couple salt and pepper diamonds and an extra sapphire from @kernowcraft"
hannahmeganjewellery: "T bar Larimar. This one is on an 18” Belcher chain. 'It stimulates the heart, throat, third eye and crown chakras facilitating inner wisdom and outer manifestation. It represents peace and clarity, radiating healing and love energy. It is recommended for people who are stressed and it is said to be a healing stone.' "
billie.ellen.designs: "August babies; you are SO lucky to have peridots as your birth stone! Pair them with Recylcled Gold and turn them into dainty studs and you have a match made in heaven. Made using Recycled 9ct gold in organic shapes, these Peridot studs are unique while staying simple, they catch the light beautifully and are the perfect size for everyday wear."
seasoulandsky: "I have held onto this extremely rare Cornish beauty for years! 😅 Yellow Sea-glass is so rare to find (around 1 in every 5000 pieces found!) and this piece is even more rare as it is patterned too. I have chosen to set it in a backless bezel so you can have as much light coming through the glass as possible, showing off it’s gorgeous colour and tactile pattern. I’ll be sad to see this sun-shiny piece leave but equally excited to know it will be worn by someone."
Do you have a collection of sea glass but not sure what to do with it? Make beautiful handmade jewellery!
It couldn't be easier to transform your treasures into something you can cherish and wear every day or give as a special gift. In this post, we share with you some easy jewellery making projects that are perfect for beginners.
Whether you want to create simple sea glass earrings, a necklace or even a bracelet, you can use these techniques to help achieve the design you wish. All you need is a bit of creativity!
At Kernowcraft, we supply all the jewellery making supplies you need to create your own handmade designs - apart from the sea glass, that is something you'll have to hunt for yourself! Most of the projects featured below are available as kits, which makes it so easy to find the supplies you need.
If you love using Kernowcraft gemstones and jewellery making supplies, follow us for inspiration, tutorials and inspiration. Don't forget to tag us in your jewellery designs and use #Kernowcraft for a chance to feature - we love seeing your creations.
At Kernowcraft, we pride ourselves on sourcing the very best, high quality gemstones for your jewellery designs. Explore our huge collection of gemstone cabochons, faceted and beads online now and get creating.
Also in this section:
- Trending 'Peach Fuzz' Gemstones & Jewellery Designs
- Our Favourite Customer Designs of 2023
- How To Make Your Own Chakra Jewellery
- Our Favourite Customer Designs Of 2022
- Handmade Garnet Jewellery Designs We Love
- Trending Magenta Gemstones & Jewellery Designs
- Top 12 Best Selling Gemstone Cabochons
- Our Favourite Customer Jewellery Designs Of 2021
- 12 Good Luck Charms To Add To Your Jewellery
- Handmade Jewellery Creations Using Turquoise
- Handmade Birthstone Jewellery Inspiration
- Our Favourite Customer Jewellery Designs Of 2020
- 12 Things To Do At Home If You Love Jewellery Making
- Favourite Customer Jewellery Designs Of 2019
- 20 Handmade Heart Jewellery Designs
- 16 Amethyst Jewellery Designs We Love
- Easy Handmade Mother's Day Jewellery Gift Ideas
- 11 Amazing Handmade Aquamarine Jewellery Designs
- 17 Jewellery Designs Using Liver Of Sulphur
- Customisable Earrings For Non Pierced Ears
- 25 Additional Jewellery Making Supplies For Your Collection
- Our Favourite #KernowcraftXmas Designs
- 25 Jewellers Creating Bespoke Engagement Rings
- 15 Statement Onyx Jewellery Designs We Love
- 9 Gemstone Ring Designs We're Obsessed With
- What Is Rose Gold Filled?
- Australian Opal Jewellery Designs
- Handmade Floral Jewellery Designs
- Using Crystals For Jewellery Making
- 4 Easy Jewellery Making Projects For Kids
- Handmade Father's Day Gifts
- 4 Reasons To Do A Craft Course
- Chunky Chains & DIY Projects
- DIY Hair Accessories With Gemstones
- 18 Handmade Emerald Jewellery Designs
- What Is Granulation & Jewellery Designs We Love
- 10 Jewellery Making YouTube Channels To Watch
- Favourite Customer Designs Of 2018
- Favourite Customer Jewellery Designs Of 2017
- 11 Easy Handmade Christmas Jewellery Making Projects
- Prosecco & Rubies’ Top Tips for Buying the Perfect Gift
- 8 Jewellery Projects To Release Your Inner Dark Side
- Out Of This World, Galaxy Jewellery Designs!
- How Has Making Jewellery Helped You?
- Opal Jewellery Designs We Love Right Now
- 4 Jewellery Making Books For Beginners
- 16 Sea Glass Designs We Love
- Jewellery Making With Peridot
- Jewellery Designs Using Ruby Gemstones
- 10 Essentials For A Busy Jeweller
- 20 Boho Inspired Jewellery Designs
- What Jewellers Think Of Alligator Tape
- Top 20 #KernowcraftNature Designs
- The Gemstones For Nature Lovers
- How To Help The Environment As A Jewellery Designer
- 14 Jewellery Designs Inspired By Nature
- 22 Jewellery Designs Inspired By The Sea
- 5 Personalised Jewellery Gift Ideas
- Making Your Own Wedding Jewellery
- How To Use Pantone’s Colour Of The Year Ultra Violet In Jewellery Making
- Top 6 Chains For Your Jewellery Designs
- 14 Beachcombing Tips For Beginners
- Autumn Jewellery Inspiration
- Protecting Your Hands When Jewellery Making
- Minimalist Jewellers To Follow On Instagram Right Now
- Using Charms In Your Jewellery Designs
- International Beading Week Interview
- Soldering For Jewellers Book Review
- Make Your Own Festival Jewellery
- 10 Tips For Creating A Jewellery Wedding Collection
- Customer Creations in 2016
- 10 Reasons To Do Jewellery Making With Your Kids
- Our Favourite Halloween Inspired Jewellery Designs
- 9 of Our Favourite Christmas Inspired Jewellery Designs
- 5 Minute Handmade Jewellery Gifts This Christmas
- 6 Ways To Support Small Businesses This Christmas