Alternative Wedding Jewellery With Bloody Mary Metal
We chat to one of our successful customers who is absolutely rocking the jewellery world and creating special, alternative wedding designs that are truly inspiring.
May we introduce - if you haven’t already met - Bloody Mary Metal. Jewellery for adventure-seekers, beach-bums & moto-babes alike. Cutting edge jewellery handcrafted in a small workshop by the sea, on the south coast of Cornwall.
Bloody Mary Metal has been creating beautiful engagement and wedding rings since the very start but last year saw the launch of their Wedding Collection & Bespoke Wedding Service.
We had a little chat with owner, Lucy “Tomatoes” to see how things have kicked off and how the reaction has been to their tongue-in-cheek, yet informative attitude towards the competitive industry!
What is Bloody Mary Metal's main goal with running a wedding service?
“Our main aim with our Wedding Service was to make the process of choosing an engagement ring or wedding bands a stress-free and enjoyable experience.
We had to bring a new level of maturity to our youthful brand whilst also not losing our infamous voice – a little bit of cheeky sarcasm!
(Well, how else do you reassure & calm a guy down who is about to choose an engagement ring and make a lifelong commitment? Can’t buy him a beer over the internet
What inspires your wedding jewellery?
“We’re lucky enough to be surrounded by such beauty right outside our doorstep, which made the process of creating our Wedding Collection a little easier. The rugged cliff paths and rough seas of winter in comparison to the vibrant still waters & golden sands of summer make for some pretty awesome designs. We played with textures and decided we wanted to shift away from tradition. Every one of our engagement rings had to be unique, even if they weren’t necessarily bespoke.
We decided on hand hammered bands, so none would be the same, as well as bezel settings to secure magical stones. We are particularly “bashy” here at BMM (honestly- #ThisGirlCan, and our hands are the proof!), and know that many Cornish lasses are! We wanted to create stunning rings that can withstand rowing, surfing, horse riding, crossfit, motorbikes and everything else you awesome, hands-on, girls do! Our stones range from Kernowcraft's classic white diamond & blush pink Morganites through to Mystic Topaz & edgier Black diamonds.”
What makes Bloody Mary Metal different with bespoke design?
“Although we do dabble in traditional, we prefer to shun the stereotypical idea of an engagement ring and find creating utterly original wedding bands our favourite part of the day. It’s mental how special you feel when you know the ring you’re wearing is one-off-a-kind, especially if that ring has been designed by or for you!
Whether you’ve got a big budget, a crazy idea for a one-off or a more modest, simplistic design we feel our Wedding Service has something for everyone and is the sure fire choice for the free-spirited wild at heart Bride-&-Groom-to-be.“
What advice would you give for aspiring wedding jewellers?
“As an independent jewellery company you have to stick true to your brand, we decided from the very beginning that we would only create pieces that excited us and shouted BMM!
We would do everything we could to make a customers dreams become reality, but if that reality was a ring that was easily found in every high street jewellers, then I’m afraid you’re in the wrong place.“
Also in this section:
- Meet The Jeweller: Talking Opal Obsession with Jenny from Sea Surf Rocks
- Chatting To Truro College Exhibition Silversmith Winner, Olivia English
- Day In The Life Of Cornish Eco Jeweller Sarah Drew Jewellery
- Wax Carving, Metal Clay & Coastal Designs With Rockpool Jewellery
- Chatting Unique Nature Inspired Designs & Intricate Sawing With HISO
- Anxiety Jewellery & Favourite Gems With Rozen Jewellery
- Day In The Life Of A Jeweller With Gretel's Metals
- Sea Glass, Healing Gemstones & Cornish Coastal Inspiration With Ula Jewellery
- ‘A Heart of Gold’ Jewellery Collaboration, Raising Awareness of Heart Disease in Women
- Stone Setting, Diamonds & Jewellery Design With Goldsmith Sonia Cheadle
- Magical Metal Clay, Nature & Gems With Susan Studd
- Chatting To Truro College Exhibition Silversmith Winner, Esther Moore
- Handmade Jewellery Inspired By Japanese Heritage & Philosophy With Kumiko
- Creating Unique Jewellery Collections With Gem Lark Jewellery
- Crystal Jewellery With Jessica From 'Roses & Whiskey'
- Statement Crystal Jewellery With FIRENZA
- Electroplating & Crystals With Studio Roan
- Chatting Beading & Wirework With Author & Tutor Sara Withers
- A Day In The Life With Soul Purpose Jewellery
- Meet Jeweller, Tutor & Author Anastasia Young
- A Day In The Life Of A Jeweller With Basia From Stardust Mine Jewellery
- Meet The Jeweller, Author & Tutor Jinks McGrath
- Meet The Maker Transforming Coins & Scrap Metal Into Fun Characters
- Behind the Scenes At The Jewellers Retreat - An Interview With Jessica Rose
- Combining Skills Of Illustration & Metalsmithing With The Sylvan Smith
- Magical & Whimsical Jewellery With Manom Jewellery
- How To Work With Gemstones As A Jeweller With Gemmologist Sally Spencer
- Sea Glass, Personalisation & Christian Jewellery With Jordan Lily
- Chatting Beads, Etsy & Social Media With Emma From Evren Blue
- Garden Studio Tour, Jewellery Making & Packaging With Little Black Cat Jewellery
- Jewellery Inspired By Cornwall, Magic & Myth With Gemheaven Jewellery
- Sand Casting Silver Cockle Shells & Nature Inspired Jewellery With Anna Davenport
- Day In The Life Of Running A Sea Glass Jewellery Business With Created By Niki
- Leo + Elk On Running A Family Business During A Pandemic
- A Day In The Life Of A Jeweller: Finding Normality Again With Kim Thomson
- Gemstone, Body Positivity & Black Lives Matter Designs With 'Jewellery By Eilatan'
- Meet The 'All That Glitters' Contestants Of Series 1
- Briolette Jewellery, Etsy & Learning With Ocean & Earth Jewellery
- What's Inside A Travelling Jeweller's Briefcase?
- Combining Sea Glass & Diamonds With Glasswing Jewellery
- Bohemian Luxe Handmade Jewellery With 'Feathers And Wings'
- Diamonds & Granulation With Milly Maunder
- Then & Now, Jewellery Through The Ages With Sam Stirrat
- Metalsmithing & Granulation With Sophie Cunliffe
- Contemporary Engagement Rings With William White
- Designing An Engagement Ring With Guest Writer Sea Surf Rocks
- Meet The Jeweller & Author Of 'Soldering For Jewellers' Rebecca Skeels
- Jewellery Making Notebook Tour With Jasmine Butler
- Running A Handmade Jewellery Business During A Pandemic With 'Louy Magroos'
- Home Jewellery Studio Tour & Top Tips With Jodie Fern
- Let's Talk Business With Jeweller & Tutor, Karen Young
- Nature & Mental Health Jewellery With Lost Kove
- Meet The Jeweller Behind Hazey Designs
- Jewellery Making Storage Tour With Scruffy Dog Silver
- Meet The Beader Behind Dainty Rocks
- Jewellery Workshop Tour With Little Silver Star
- Mindful Gemstone Jewellery With The Sea Tree Company
- Let's Talk Sea Glass Jewellery With Sadie Jewellery
- Chatting Beads & Growing A Jewellery Business With Liz Lloyd
- Beading With Carolyn Anne Jewellery
- Jewellers Of Colour: Connecting BAME Jewellers In The Jewellery Industry
- Meet The Self-Taught Jeweller Behind Corzana
- Meet The Jeweller Behind The Messy Creative
- Handmade Button Jewellery With Crafty Little Koala
- Beautiful Gemstones For Beautiful Skin With Inlight Beauty
- Meet The Boho Jeweller Behind Moonsalt Jewellery
- Etsy Success & Personalisation With Little Homebird Jewellery
- How Jewellery Making Has Helped My Chronic Illness & Mental Health
- Jewellery Making With Nature's Treasures
- Meet Illustrator & Polymer Clay Jeweller, Nyassa Hinde
- Jewellery Trade Secrets With Metalsmith Society
- Sea Glass Jewellery & Launching A Business With Love Kernow
- Meet The Jeweller Behind London Jewellery School & Jewellers Academy
- Meet Stephen Goldsmith, Author Of Polishing & Finishing For Jewellers
- Resin, Flower & Gemstone Jewellery With Ellanor Aquitaine
- Meet The Jeweller Behind Trinkets By Moonlight
- Meet The Self-Taught Jeweller Behind Olivia Street Silver
- Personalised Handmade Jewellery With Ruby & Wonder
- Meet The Cosmic Jeweller, Vikki Hall
- Meet The Eco-Friendly Jeweller, Jemima Hurlock
- Meet The Cornish Jeweller, Thomas Matthews
- Beachcombing & Jewellery Making With Cornish Agates
- Festival & Boho Jewellery With Tegen
- Mokume Gane & Vessel Pendants With Nicola Bottono
- Meet The Jeweller Behind View Of The Sea
- Artists Residency With Jeweller, Jonathan Videgrain
- Meet The Jeweller & Gemstone Addict Behind Made By Oonagh
- Pre-Loved, Vintage Jewellery With Ella Masters
- Baker's Dozen Exhibition With Sarah Shelton-Palmer
- Meet The Jeweller, Tansy Wilson
- Celestial, Boho & Witchy Jewellery With Amber Wheatley Designs
- Let's Talk Metal Clay With Lisa Cain
- Meet The Jeweller Behind When Caitie Met Soda
- Make It Challenge: Recycling The Same Piece Of Silver For 100 Days
- Bespoke Engagement Rings With Blackacre
- Meet The Jeweller Behind Claire Howard Jewellery
- Meet The Jeweller Behind Award Winner Andrew Berry
- Meet The Nature Inspired Jeweller Behind Lima-Lima
- Creating An Opal Ring & Pendant With Little Joy Jewellery
- Jewellery Inspired By Your Home With Claire Halligan
- Award Winner Monique On Techniques & Cornish Inspiration
- Meet The Jeweller Jonathan Videgrain
- Meet The Jeweller Louella Jewellery
- Meet The Jeweller Behind Bijoux De Chagall
- Alternative Wedding Jewellery With Bloody Mary Metal
- Jeweller Chloe Michell Talks Working With Metal Clay, Tools and Inspiration
- Setting Up Your Work Bench With Jeweller Victoria Walker
- An Interview With NAJ Shortlisted Designer of the Year Sheila Kerr
What's the best way to promote your jewellery?
“We’ve worked hard to get some loyal Instagram followers throughout the years (@bloodymarymetal) and have found this has been a great way of promoting our newest venture into the wedding world. Being approached by a few of the leading alternative wedding magazines for content has been amazing, and we’ve just loved having our customers send us pictures of little write ups they’ve found whilst doing their wedding planning, it’s been awesome!
Your best promotion will most definitely always be your customers though; a recommendation is 100x better than any advert ever will be.“
A huge thank you for Lucy from Bloody Mary Metal for sharing her experience and top tips for designing bespoke wedding jewellery! If you are inspired or have always wanted to take the step to create unforgettable wedding jewellery, explore our range of beautiful gemstones, settings, charms, chain and more to help you create your own bridal pieces.