Beautiful Gemstones For Beautiful Skin With Inlight Beauty
This interview is a little different to our usual 'Meet The Jeweller' posts, as today we're talking all about beauty products! We were so excited when we found out that Inlight Beauty was using our gemstones in their latest eye serum and we couldn't wait to find out more. The team are based in Cornwall, just like us - and we love nothing more than supporting and working alongside other local businesses who are also passionate about nature and sustainability.
Find out more about Inlight Beauty and their beautiful, organic beauty products below.
Tell us about Inlight Beauty and the inspiration behind it
Inlight was born due to the need of authentic clean skincare products which could be effective on the skin and body whilst respecting the environment around us.
Skin expert Dr Mariano Spiezia co-founder and formulator of Inlight, uses his expertise in both conventional and holistic medicine, to produce skincare which works with the skin, not only on it, revealing and encouraging its natural beauty.
Tell us more about your new eye serum which includes ruby, sapphire and zircon gemstones sourced from Kernowcraft
We were so pleased to find a supplier so close to us for this unique product! The recently launched Eye Serum is a powerful concentration of botanical oils, formulated to target the delicate eye contour area to improve fine lines and loss of tone.
It includes star ingredients such as prickly pear, argan and cherry oils – all renowned for their regenerative and anti-oxidant properties. The blend helps the natural production of elastin whilst improving the skin’s vitality giving you a luminous look.
What is Inlight Beauty’s ethos?
Our aim is to reveal and encourage the natural beauty and inner light in each and every one of us through healthy, radiant skin. We do this by being kind to our surroundings and ourselves using only the purest 100% certified organic ingredients. Sustainability and respect is at the core of the brand – we are certified by cosmos organic and proudly display our Positive Luxury Butterfly Mark, which acknowledges our ongoing commitment to social and environmental sustainability.
How do you use the gemstones and what are the benefits of using them in your products?
Each ruby, sapphire and zircon is individually and lovingly cleansed and charged over the course of 2 months by Dr Spiezia himself to subtly restore and enhance the skin’s frequency.
‘We have included the gemstones both for their representation of the beginning of Life of Earth (the “memory” of beginning), their colours associated to different physical and emotional qualities, their energy and power.’
At inlight, nature’s alchemy and modern science techniques are used in our artisan production to enhance the ingredients, bringing out their best properties.
Tell us more about your production process, using 100% organic ingredients
We practice ‘slow beauty’. All our bio-active ingredients are made in house. We infuse our natural ingredients in skin loving oils for about 4 weeks – this gives time for the herbal oils to harness all the properties of the ingredients, ready for pressing. These are the bases for all of our skincare products. For the balms, butters and beeswax are added. No preservatives, chemicals or water is needed in our products.
Dr Spiezia combines alchemy with modern science, tell us more about his background
Dr Spiezia studied medicine and surgery in Italy and worked for many years in A&E departments before turning to naturopathy for a gentler approach. He is passionate about prevention and looking at the body as a whole.
It is now well known that all matter is ‘alive’ and has its own vibration (looking at the laws of quantum physics). Using various techniques such as sounds for examples, the products own vibration changes – this is tuned to our own body’s vibration to work in synergy with our skin. This has proven to be a USP for Inlight, as the products work on various levels to enhance wellness.
Like Kernowcraft, you’re based in Cornwall – what’s your favourite thing about working in such a beautiful part of the world?
We absolutely love Cornwall! We are lucky to have our HQ surrounded by countryside as we are based on a farm. The air is clean, the colours are more vibrant, and we can spot wildlife from our office. What’s not to love!
Dr Spiezia, originally from Italy, was firstly attracted to this part of the world for its wilderness and ‘magic’.
Sustainability is so important to customers - how do you ensure your products exceed these expectations?
We have always been proud of our sustainability efforts. Everything we do has been carefully thought of/chosen to ensure we have the minimal environmental impact: from the organic ingredients we source, to the energy we use within our lab, the packaging suppliers we work with and even the washing up liquid used in our staff kitchen!
This was all acknowledged by Positive Luxury who awarded us their Butterfly Mark for our ongoing sustainability efforts.
What can we expect from Inlight Beauty in the future and can we expect to see anymore gemstones?
The Eye Serum was the first of our Supreme range….we have another product launching this summer from this collection, we can’t wait to reveal it. Head over to our website and subscribe to our newsletter to keep updated.
Follow Inlight Beauty
Kernowcraft is your destination for gemstones and jewellery making. Providing all the jewellery making supplies you need to make your own beautiful jewellery - or in this case, wonderful, innovative beauty products!
We offer over 800 high quality precious and semi precious gemstones, in a range of shapes and sizes all available on our website. Worldwide shipping from our office in Perranporth, Cornwall.
Also in this section:
- Meet The Jeweller: Talking Opal Obsession with Jenny from Sea Surf Rocks
- Chatting To Truro College Exhibition Silversmith Winner, Olivia English
- Day In The Life Of Cornish Eco Jeweller Sarah Drew Jewellery
- Wax Carving, Metal Clay & Coastal Designs With Rockpool Jewellery
- Chatting Unique Nature Inspired Designs & Intricate Sawing With HISO
- Anxiety Jewellery & Favourite Gems With Rozen Jewellery
- Day In The Life Of A Jeweller With Gretel's Metals
- Sea Glass, Healing Gemstones & Cornish Coastal Inspiration With Ula Jewellery
- ‘A Heart of Gold’ Jewellery Collaboration, Raising Awareness of Heart Disease in Women
- Stone Setting, Diamonds & Jewellery Design With Goldsmith Sonia Cheadle
- Magical Metal Clay, Nature & Gems With Susan Studd
- Chatting To Truro College Exhibition Silversmith Winner, Esther Moore
- Handmade Jewellery Inspired By Japanese Heritage & Philosophy With Kumiko
- Creating Unique Jewellery Collections With Gem Lark Jewellery
- Crystal Jewellery With Jessica From 'Roses & Whiskey'
- Statement Crystal Jewellery With FIRENZA
- Electroplating & Crystals With Studio Roan
- Chatting Beading & Wirework With Author & Tutor Sara Withers
- A Day In The Life With Soul Purpose Jewellery
- Meet Jeweller, Tutor & Author Anastasia Young
- A Day In The Life Of A Jeweller With Basia From Stardust Mine Jewellery
- Meet The Jeweller, Author & Tutor Jinks McGrath
- Meet The Maker Transforming Coins & Scrap Metal Into Fun Characters
- Behind the Scenes At The Jewellers Retreat - An Interview With Jessica Rose
- Combining Skills Of Illustration & Metalsmithing With The Sylvan Smith
- Magical & Whimsical Jewellery With Manom Jewellery
- How To Work With Gemstones As A Jeweller With Gemmologist Sally Spencer
- Sea Glass, Personalisation & Christian Jewellery With Jordan Lily
- Chatting Beads, Etsy & Social Media With Emma From Evren Blue
- Garden Studio Tour, Jewellery Making & Packaging With Little Black Cat Jewellery
- Jewellery Inspired By Cornwall, Magic & Myth With Gemheaven Jewellery
- Sand Casting Silver Cockle Shells & Nature Inspired Jewellery With Anna Davenport
- Day In The Life Of Running A Sea Glass Jewellery Business With Created By Niki
- Leo + Elk On Running A Family Business During A Pandemic
- A Day In The Life Of A Jeweller: Finding Normality Again With Kim Thomson
- Gemstone, Body Positivity & Black Lives Matter Designs With 'Jewellery By Eilatan'
- Meet The 'All That Glitters' Contestants Of Series 1
- Briolette Jewellery, Etsy & Learning With Ocean & Earth Jewellery
- What's Inside A Travelling Jeweller's Briefcase?
- Combining Sea Glass & Diamonds With Glasswing Jewellery
- Bohemian Luxe Handmade Jewellery With 'Feathers And Wings'
- Diamonds & Granulation With Milly Maunder
- Then & Now, Jewellery Through The Ages With Sam Stirrat
- Metalsmithing & Granulation With Sophie Cunliffe
- Contemporary Engagement Rings With William White
- Designing An Engagement Ring With Guest Writer Sea Surf Rocks
- Meet The Jeweller & Author Of 'Soldering For Jewellers' Rebecca Skeels
- Jewellery Making Notebook Tour With Jasmine Butler
- Running A Handmade Jewellery Business During A Pandemic With 'Louy Magroos'
- Home Jewellery Studio Tour & Top Tips With Jodie Fern
- Let's Talk Business With Jeweller & Tutor, Karen Young
- Nature & Mental Health Jewellery With Lost Kove
- Meet The Jeweller Behind Hazey Designs
- Jewellery Making Storage Tour With Scruffy Dog Silver
- Meet The Beader Behind Dainty Rocks
- Jewellery Workshop Tour With Little Silver Star
- Mindful Gemstone Jewellery With The Sea Tree Company
- Let's Talk Sea Glass Jewellery With Sadie Jewellery
- Chatting Beads & Growing A Jewellery Business With Liz Lloyd
- Beading With Carolyn Anne Jewellery
- Jewellers Of Colour: Connecting BAME Jewellers In The Jewellery Industry
- Meet The Self-Taught Jeweller Behind Corzana
- Meet The Jeweller Behind The Messy Creative
- Handmade Button Jewellery With Crafty Little Koala
- Beautiful Gemstones For Beautiful Skin With Inlight Beauty
- Meet The Boho Jeweller Behind Moonsalt Jewellery
- Etsy Success & Personalisation With Little Homebird Jewellery
- How Jewellery Making Has Helped My Chronic Illness & Mental Health
- Jewellery Making With Nature's Treasures
- Meet Illustrator & Polymer Clay Jeweller, Nyassa Hinde
- Jewellery Trade Secrets With Metalsmith Society
- Sea Glass Jewellery & Launching A Business With Love Kernow
- Meet The Jeweller Behind London Jewellery School & Jewellers Academy
- Meet Stephen Goldsmith, Author Of Polishing & Finishing For Jewellers
- Resin, Flower & Gemstone Jewellery With Ellanor Aquitaine
- Meet The Jeweller Behind Trinkets By Moonlight
- Meet The Self-Taught Jeweller Behind Olivia Street Silver
- Personalised Handmade Jewellery With Ruby & Wonder
- Meet The Cosmic Jeweller, Vikki Hall
- Meet The Eco-Friendly Jeweller, Jemima Hurlock
- Meet The Cornish Jeweller, Thomas Matthews
- Beachcombing & Jewellery Making With Cornish Agates
- Festival & Boho Jewellery With Tegen
- Mokume Gane & Vessel Pendants With Nicola Bottono
- Meet The Jeweller Behind View Of The Sea
- Artists Residency With Jeweller, Jonathan Videgrain
- Meet The Jeweller & Gemstone Addict Behind Made By Oonagh
- Pre-Loved, Vintage Jewellery With Ella Masters
- Baker's Dozen Exhibition With Sarah Shelton-Palmer
- Meet The Jeweller, Tansy Wilson
- Celestial, Boho & Witchy Jewellery With Amber Wheatley Designs
- Let's Talk Metal Clay With Lisa Cain
- Meet The Jeweller Behind When Caitie Met Soda
- Make It Challenge: Recycling The Same Piece Of Silver For 100 Days
- Bespoke Engagement Rings With Blackacre
- Meet The Jeweller Behind Claire Howard Jewellery
- Meet The Jeweller Behind Award Winner Andrew Berry
- Meet The Nature Inspired Jeweller Behind Lima-Lima
- Creating An Opal Ring & Pendant With Little Joy Jewellery
- Jewellery Inspired By Your Home With Claire Halligan
- Award Winner Monique On Techniques & Cornish Inspiration
- Meet The Jeweller Jonathan Videgrain
- Meet The Jeweller Louella Jewellery
- Meet The Jeweller Behind Bijoux De Chagall
- Alternative Wedding Jewellery With Bloody Mary Metal
- Jeweller Chloe Michell Talks Working With Metal Clay, Tools and Inspiration
- Setting Up Your Work Bench With Jeweller Victoria Walker
- An Interview With NAJ Shortlisted Designer of the Year Sheila Kerr