How To Set Gemstones In Wraptite Settings
These jewellery settings encase the gemstone around their lightweight shaped wire edge and when tightened hold it securely in place. Thanks to the
Recommend Tools & Supplies
- Wraptite setting
- Faceted stone
- Round nose pliers
- A short piece of wire, approximately 1mm wide (you could use a scrap piece of silver wire, paperclip or similar)
- If you are concerned about the security of the stone, you could choose to add a very tiny about of Devcon 5 Minute Epoxy Glue in the groove of the setting using a pin - go easy though as you don't want it to squeeze out onto the visible surface of the stone.
Follow our step by step instructions below on how to set faceted gemstones in a
Follow Step By Step Photo Instructions
Place the faceted stone into the setting and apply gentle pressure so it fits nicely into the setting. Some stones will fit better than others so occasionally you may need to adjust the setting fractionally.
With the tip of your round nose pliers squeeze the bottom of the loop to tighten the setting around the gemstone.
It is important not to over squeeze the loop - a good tip here is to use a piece of wire to keep the main part of the loop open. If your gemstone is slightly smaller than the setting, simply squeeze the setting as described so it fits snugly.
Your wraptite setting is now complete and ready for attaching to your jewellery creations!
Wraptite settings open up a whole option of beautiful gemstone jewellery design ideas. To view our range of wraptite settings click here
Watch Our Video Tutorial On How To Set A Wraptite Setting
We create a beautiful minimal necklace using a wraptite pendant setting and a sparkling blossom pink kaleidoscope quartz faceted stone, get creative and choose from your favourite gemstones to complete the look
Shop All The Supplies You Need With Kernowcraft
These link settings are perfect for seperating between lengths of chain in a necklace, to make gaduated drop earrings or combining with other link components to make a bracelet
Discover our large range of faceted stones in a range of shapes and sizes to suit your designs. Shop our full range of settings for faceted stones.
Round nose pliers are essential for setting the wraptite settings to keep the stone secure and in place.
Wraptite Jewellery Making Kits...
Here are a few of our jewellery making designs using these easy to use settings, click on the links for the online shopping list.
Explore More Faceted Stone Settings
Shop our full range of jewellery settings especially for faceted stones to make beautiful pieces of jewellery.
Great for jewellery making beginners, we have a high-quality range of ready-made settings including rings, earrings and pendants where you need minimal tools to set your stones. We also have loose and mounts for faceted stones, where you can thread wire, glue or solder onto your designs.
Also in this section:
- The Essential Tools For Setting Gemstones
- Your Guide To Stone Setting Burrs For Jewellery Making
- What Is A Bezel Rocker?
- Types Of Settings & How To Use Them
- Types Of Settings For Calibrated Cabochon Stones
- Types Of Settings For Faceted Stones
- Types Of Settings For Free-Form Stones & Crystals
- Calibrated Gemstones & Size Tolerance In Jewellery Making
- Ready Made Settings vs Making Your Own Settings
- 7 Ways To Make Your Own Gemstone Ring
- How To Set Earstuds For Half Drilled Beads
- How to Set Flat Plates and Milled Edge Jewellery Settings
- How To Set Snaptite Settings
- How To Set Gemstones In Gallery Wire Settings
- How To Set Backset Settings
- How To Set Wraptite Settings
- How To Use Huggie Claw Settings For Crystals & Sea Glass
- What Are Bell Caps For Jewellery Making?
- How To Set A Pre-Notched Setting
- How To Set Claw Settings
- How To Make A Decorative Ring Setting For A Free Form Cabochon
- How To Make A Tube Setting For A Faceted Stone
- 4 Drilled Sea Glass Earring Projects
- Jewellery Making With Sea Glass: Drilling & Stone Setting Tutorials
- How To Drill Sea Glass For Jewellery Making
- How Much Bezel Strip/Gallery Wire Do I Need?
- Types Of Bezel Cups
- How to Adjust Bezel Settings to Fit Cabochons
- How To Set A Cabochon In A Bezel Setting
- How To Make A Gemstone Ring With A Bezel Cup
- How To Make A Bezel Set Cabochon Ring With 'Made By Oonagh'
- How To Make A Sea Glass Ring With Bezel Setting
- How To Make Bezel Set Cabochon Earstuds
- How To Make A Sea Glass Necklace With Backless Bezel Setting
- How To Bezel Set A Free Form Cabochon Onto A Textured Silver Pendant
- How To Make A Textured Pendant With A Freeform Gemstone Slice
- How To Make A Claw Set Cabochon Pendant
- How To Make A Prong/Claw Setting For Irregular Shapes Stones
- How to Make A Wire Edged Setting
- How To Make A Balled Claw Ring Setting
- Making An Australian Boulder Opal Pendant With Stardust Mine
- The Process Of Remodelling A Gemstone Ring With 'Honey Bee Design'
HAVE A QUESTION?
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with our friendly team who will be more than happy to give you advice over email or on the phone.
You can learn more and find inspiration by visiting our Jewellery Making Tutorials, Jewellery Making Kits and YouTube Channel. Don't forget to follow us on social media and tag us in your designs on Instagram & Facebook, we would love to see!