How To Use Huggie Claw Settings For Crystals & Sea Glass
Our range of Huggie claw settings have arrived! These settings are beginner-friendly settings that have flexible claws, which easily grab your favourite stones. We love using them with irregularly shaped stones such as crystals and sea glass, which are usually difficult to create a setting for by hand. Our Huggies are available on our website as a ring, ear studs and link setting so you can make lots of beautiful handmade jewellery with your favourite gems!
Watch How Easy It Is To Set Stones In Huggie Claw Settings Below
1. Support the claw setting - we recommend using a tool such as a hand vice or ring clamp.
2. Choose a suitably sized stone to fit the setting and place it into the setting.
3. Use your finger to support the stone and use the side of pliers to push the claws over the stone to set securely in place.
4. If needed, you can use wire cutters to trim the claws and adjust to fit the stone better.
Shop Our Range Of Huggie Claw Settings
Tools To Help Support The Setting Process
There are plenty of tools to help you support your work during the setting process! Take a look at our go-to tools below. You could also adapt your bench peg to help you with many areas of jewellery making, for example you can drill a hole into your bench to insert and support earring posts.
A hand vice is a versatile tool that is great for holding and supporting jewellery items while working. It also has holes and pegs, which you can position to prevent your piece from swivelling or moving while working on it. Not to mention is can also be used as a wire jig for creating earwires and links with wire!
Our ring clamp is also a great choice for supporting rings during setting and other small pieces of jewellery which can be fiddly to hold! The clamp can be held tightly against your bench or bench pin for extra stability too.
Shop Crystals & Rough Gemstones
Discover our large range of natural rough crystals for creating beautiful handmade jewellery designs!
Shop By Gemstone
Unsure of what stone you'd like to use? Browse through our wide selection of gemstones and see what we have to offer.
Looking For Sea Glass Jewellery Making Ideas? Watch Our Video & Find Out More
Also in this section:
- The Essential Tools For Setting Gemstones
- Your Guide To Stone Setting Burrs For Jewellery Making
- What Is A Bezel Rocker?
- Types Of Settings & How To Use Them
- Types Of Settings For Calibrated Cabochon Stones
- Types Of Settings For Faceted Stones
- Types Of Settings For Free-Form Stones & Crystals
- Calibrated Gemstones & Size Tolerance In Jewellery Making
- Ready Made Settings vs Making Your Own Settings
- 7 Ways To Make Your Own Gemstone Ring
- How To Set Earstuds For Half Drilled Beads
- How to Set Flat Plates and Milled Edge Jewellery Settings
- How To Set Snaptite Settings
- How To Set Gemstones In Gallery Wire Settings
- How To Set Backset Settings
- How To Set Wraptite Settings
- How To Use Huggie Claw Settings For Crystals & Sea Glass
- What Are Bell Caps For Jewellery Making?
- How To Set A Pre-Notched Setting
- How To Set Claw Settings
- How To Make A Tube Setting For A Faceted Stone
- 4 Drilled Sea Glass Earring Projects
- Jewellery Making With Sea Glass: Drilling & Stone Setting Tutorials
- How To Drill Sea Glass For Jewellery Making
- How Much Bezel Strip/Gallery Wire Do I Need?
- Types Of Bezel Cups
- How to Adjust Bezel Settings to Fit Cabochons
- How To Set A Cabochon In A Bezel Setting
- How To Make A Gemstone Ring With A Bezel Cup
- How To Make A Bezel Set Cabochon Ring With 'Made By Oonagh'
- How To Make A Sea Glass Ring With Bezel Setting
- How To Make Bezel Set Cabochon Earstuds
- How To Make A Sea Glass Necklace With Backless Bezel Setting
- How To Make A Decorative Ring Setting For A Free Form Cabochon
- How To Bezel Set A Free Form Cabochon Onto A Textured Silver Pendant
- How To Make A Textured Pendant With A Freeform Gemstone Slice
- How To Make A Claw Set Cabochon Pendant
- How To Make A Prong/Claw Setting For Irregular Shapes Stones
- How to Make A Wire Edged Setting
- How To Make A Balled Claw Ring Setting
- Making An Australian Boulder Opal Pendant With Stardust Mine
- The Process Of Remodelling A Gemstone Ring With 'Honey Bee Design'
HAVE A QUESTION?
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with our friendly team who will be more than happy to give you advice over email or on the phone.
You can learn more and find inspiration by visiting our Jewellery Making Tutorials, Jewellery Making Kits and YouTube Channel. Don't forget to follow us on social media and tag us in your designs on Instagram & Facebook, we would love to see!