4 Gemstone Chip Bead Project Ideas
If you love rough gemstones and crystals, you're probably a fan of gemstone chip beads!
In this post we show you 5 simple project ideas to help get those creative juices flowing...
Chip beads are so fun to use when creating unique jewellery designs, each chip bead is one of a kind which adds character and dimension to your makes.
Shop Jewellery Making Supplies With Kernowcraft
At Kernowcraft, we have a range of beautiful gemstone chip beads available including turquoise, labradorite, moonstone, lapis lazuli, peridot, apatite and green aventurine. Plus all the jewellery making supplies you need to complete your handmade designs.
These chip beads are available as a strand, so they can be used to incorporate into lots of your designs - or why not make matching jewellery sets?
These beautiful earrings are so easy to make! We've combined these amethyst chip beads with sterling silver plain round beads for an elegant and eye catching design. Click below to get the step by step instructions and all the supplies you need to make them.
How lovely is this gemstone ring? This wire wrapping technique is brilliant to use with any gemstone beads and no soldering is needed, so only a few tools are required. Click below to get the step by step instructions and all the supplies you need to make them.
This is a beautiful and modern design, using our Chinese turquoise chip beads which has a variety of lovely turquoise colours. We have used our flex-rite jewellery wire with a crimp with loop and bolt ring to secure the design. Click below to get the step by step instructions and all the supplies you need to make them.
This on trend earring design also uses simple wire wrapping techniques to create these hanging turquoise bead bars. Click below to get the step by step instructions and all the supplies you need to make them.
The projects featured on this page using gemstone chip beads require little tools, with many needing basic wire wrapping to complete the design.
With wire work, all you need are a small selection of tools including jewellery pliers and side cutters.
Our pack of pliers & side cutters contains all the jewellery pliers you could need, all in one handy zip up case.
The pack contains:
- Snipe nose pliers
- Round nose pliers
- Flat nose pliers
- Bent nose pliers
- Side cutters
Or alternatively you can purchase most of these pliers individually on our site - browse our pliers here.
The products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that stocks can vary, so do use your own judgement as to the compatibility of each item when making.
Also in this section:
- Your Guide To Bead Stringing Materials For Jewellery Making
- The Essential Tools For Beading
- Beading: How To Start Jewellery Making With Lyndsey
- Answering Commonly Asked Beading Questions
- Types Of Beads For Jewellery Making
- The Difference Between Half Drilled, Top Drilled And Head Drilled Beads
- How To Use Top Drilled Beads
- Jewellery Making With Half Drilled Beads
- What Are Briolette Beads & How To Use Them
- Stringing Beads With Small Holes
- How To Make Your Bead Holes Bigger With A Bead Reamer
- Types Of Clasps For Jewellery Making
- 8 Reasons You Need A Bead Board
- How To Make A Sliding Knot
- Advice On Knotting Elastic Stretch Magic Thread
- How To Use Flex-Rite Jewellery Wire
- How To Use Crimps
- How To Make A Silkon Thread Briolette Necklace
- How To Make A Necklace With Beading Chain
- 4 Ways To Use Gemstone Donuts
- 4 Gemstone Chip Bead Project Ideas
- How To Use End Caps For Jewellery Making
- How To Make Earwires With Gemstone Beads
- How To Make A Memory Wire Bracelet
- How To Make Gemstone Bead Earrings
- How To Make A Bead Bar Necklace
- How To Make Beaded Bracelet With Flex-Rite Wire & Wire Guardians
- DIY Gemstone Friendship Bracelets
- How To Make A Beaded Bracelet With Knot Covers
- How To Make Polymer Clay Earrings
- How To Make Felt Jewellery
- DIY Mini Tassels & Jewellery Projects
HAVE A QUESTION?
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with our friendly team who will be more than happy to give you advice over email or on the phone.
You can learn more and find inspiration by visiting our Jewellery Making Tutorials, Jewellery Making Kits and YouTube Channel. Don't forget to follow us on social media and tag us in your designs on Instagram & Facebook, we would love to see!