DIY Mini Tassels & Jewellery Projects
Tassel jewellery is huge right now! But why buy tassel jewellery when you can have fun making them yourself?
We show you how easy it is to make your own colourful mini tassels using silkon thread with the help of a fork, plus plenty of project ideas to transform them into beautiful jewellery. We also show you some more experimental designs using thicker cord and gemstones.
At Kernowcraft, we provide everything you need for your handmade jewellery designs - if you have a question or need advice, please do get in touch.
Tag us in your tassel jewellery on social media - we love sharing our favourite designs!
Silkon thread: In this video tutorial, we used our silkon thread which is synthetic fibre which does not fray or stretch making it perfect for this project! It's available in a range of beautiful colours. You can however do similar techniques with other threads.
Scissors: for cutting the thread.
Jump ring: for attaching to the tassel to hang from chain, earwires or add components such as wire-wrapped beads. Read our advice page on opening and closing a jump ring here.
Follow Our Tutorial On How To Make A Mini Tassel
Tassel Jewellery Projects Using Silkon Thread
Each jewellery making kit comes with step by step instructions and all the supplies you need to get making...
The products used in these projects are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that stocks can vary, so do use your own judgement as to the compatibility of each item when making.
Also in this section:
- Your Guide To Bead Stringing Materials For Jewellery Making
- The Essential Tools For Beading
- Beading: How To Start Jewellery Making With Lyndsey
- Answering Commonly Asked Beading Questions
- Types Of Beads For Jewellery Making
- The Difference Between Half Drilled, Top Drilled And Head Drilled Beads
- How To Use Top Drilled Beads
- Jewellery Making With Half Drilled Beads
- What Are Briolette Beads & How To Use Them
- Stringing Beads With Small Holes
- How To Make Your Bead Holes Bigger With A Bead Reamer
- Types Of Clasps For Jewellery Making
- 8 Reasons You Need A Bead Board
- How To Make A Sliding Knot
- Advice On Knotting Elastic Stretch Magic Thread
- How To Use Flex-Rite Jewellery Wire
- How To Use Crimps
- How To Make A Silkon Thread Briolette Necklace
- How To Make A Necklace With Beading Chain
- 4 Ways To Use Gemstone Donuts
- 4 Gemstone Chip Bead Project Ideas
- How To Use End Caps For Jewellery Making
- How To Make Earwires With Gemstone Beads
- How To Make A Memory Wire Bracelet
- How To Make Gemstone Bead Earrings
- How To Make A Bead Bar Necklace
- How To Make Beaded Bracelet With Flex-Rite Wire & Wire Guardians
- DIY Gemstone Friendship Bracelets
- How To Make A Beaded Bracelet With Knot Covers
- How To Make Polymer Clay Earrings
- How To Make Felt Jewellery
- DIY Mini Tassels & Jewellery Projects
HAVE A QUESTION?
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with our friendly team who will be more than happy to give you advice over email or on the phone.
You can learn more and find inspiration by visiting our Jewellery Making Tutorials, Jewellery Making Kits and YouTube Channel. Don't forget to follow us on social media and tag us in your designs on Instagram & Facebook, we would love to see!