How To Make A Necklace With Beading Chain
Beading chain has small and closely connected links, allowing appropriately sized beads to be strung onto it. This is perfect for creating minimal and modern designs using your favourite gemstone beads!
On this page, you will find our video tutorial on how to use beading chain and a crimp with loop to make a simple necklace featuring a green amethyst cube bead with round metal beads. All you need are a few components and some snipe nose pliers! You can purchase the tools and supplies on our website.
Check out our sterling silver beading chain - sold by the cm (minimum order of 10cm), so you can purchase the right amount for your project. If you order a large amount, beading chain can be easily cut to the length you need by using side cutters.
Watch our beading chain necklace tutorial below
Follow our simple step by step instructions on how to make this beautiful green amethyst necklace! Click the button below to shop this kit with everything you need to make your own.
1. Add a crimp with loop to one end of the beading chain squeeze the central band of the tube gently with snipe nose pliers.
2. Thread on your choice of beads.
3. Add a crimp with loop to the other side of the beading chain and secure in place.
4. Use snipe nose pliers to open the loop on the bolt ring clasp and attach it to the crimp loop before closing.
5. Fasten the necklace and your design is complete!
Choose from sterling silver or gold vermeil beading chain with Kernowcraft
Our beading chain is sold by the cm (minimum order of 10cm), so you can purchase the right amount for your project. If you order a large amount for multiple projects, beading chain can be easily cut to the length you need by using side cutters.
Shop all the tools & jewellery making supplies you need
This brilliant component comes in a range of sizes to suit your designs (in this project we've used a crimp with loop for up to 0.6mm thread). They are a neat way to finish necklaces and bracelets without the need for separate crimps, jump rings, gimp wire or thread protectors.
Our sterling silver 5mm bolt rings have an open ring ready for you to twist open and shut to connect to your necklace findings or directly onto a thread. This style of the clasp has stood the test of time and these are a discreet, delicate and secure way to fasten most necklaces or bracelets. Sold in a pack of 10.
These snipe nose jewellers pliers (sometimes called chain nose) are ideal for most jewellery needs and are essential for all types of jewellery making.
These pliers are the only tools you need to make a necklace using beading chain, in order to secure the crimp to the chain.
We've used our plain sterling silver 4mm round metal beads in this design, but we have a lovely range available in a variety of shapes and styles!
The products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that stocks can vary, so do use your own judgement as to the compatibility of each item when making.
Also in this section:
- Your Guide To Bead Stringing Materials For Jewellery Making
- The Essential Tools For Beading
- Beading: How To Start Jewellery Making With Lyndsey
- Answering Commonly Asked Beading Questions
- Types Of Beads For Jewellery Making
- The Difference Between Half Drilled, Top Drilled And Head Drilled Beads
- How To Use Top Drilled Beads
- Jewellery Making With Half Drilled Beads
- What Are Briolette Beads & How To Use Them
- Stringing Beads With Small Holes
- How To Make Your Bead Holes Bigger With A Bead Reamer
- Types Of Clasps For Jewellery Making
- 8 Reasons You Need A Bead Board
- How To Make A Sliding Knot
- Advice On Knotting Elastic Stretch Magic Thread
- How To Use Flex-Rite Jewellery Wire
- How To Use Crimps
- How To Make A Silkon Thread Briolette Necklace
- How To Make A Necklace With Beading Chain
- 4 Ways To Use Gemstone Donuts
- 4 Gemstone Chip Bead Project Ideas
- How To Use End Caps For Jewellery Making
- How To Make Earwires With Gemstone Beads
- How To Make A Memory Wire Bracelet
- How To Make Gemstone Bead Earrings
- How To Make A Bead Bar Necklace
- How To Make Beaded Bracelet With Flex-Rite Wire & Wire Guardians
- DIY Gemstone Friendship Bracelets
- How To Make A Beaded Bracelet With Knot Covers
- How To Make Polymer Clay Earrings
- How To Make Felt Jewellery
- DIY Mini Tassels & Jewellery Projects
HAVE A QUESTION?
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with our friendly team who will be more than happy to give you advice over email or on the phone.
You can learn more and find inspiration by visiting our Jewellery Making Tutorials, Jewellery Making Kits and YouTube Channel. Don't forget to follow us on social media and tag us in your designs on Instagram & Facebook, we would love to see!