We've created a simple turquoise chip bead wire wrapped ring in no time at all! Make the perfect treat for yourself or a gift for someone special.
This is a great beginner project, which doesn't require any soldering.
1. Use side cutters to cut 40cm of wire - this will give you enough for your ring size and excess for wire wrapping.
2. Bend the wire in half around the triblet and position on the point of the ring size you would like. Wrap around and pass back round to the front so you have 2 full circles.
3. Hold the wire securely and bend facing up the 2 loose ends.
4. Thread on one bead and wrap directly under the stone onto the ring 2 loops to secure. Leave the end loose towards one side of the ring, again, facing up. Leave enough to wrap a few loops around the side of the ring later.
5. With the other loose end, wrap this around the base of the stone and and top of the ring to create a nest for the stone.
6. Once the nest is made use the excess wire to wrap 3 times on the ring to the side of the nest. Repeat on the other side with the other end of loose wire.
7. Use side cutters to trim any excess wire and use snipe nose pliers to neatly tuck in any loose ends.
Your ring is now complete!
The beauty of wire wrapping is that you can experiment with your designs such as adding more loops or creating a thicker band. Have fun and get creative!
You may like to get our pack of pliers & side cutters which is an economical way of buying all the pliers you will need for every project!
Make the design your own by using your favourite gemstones
Kernowcraft's jewellery making kits are aimed to inspire you - therefore the step by step instructions are available online only with a shopping list, where you can easily customise the design to suit you. We recommend printing or bookmarking this page ready to follow.
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
You can buy all the products in this collection at once by clicking the button below or add individual products by clicking the button beside each one.
Total price: £9.23
Total price: £4.00