The bracelet design is fun to make and needs only some pliers and wire cutters for the wire work - a great project to practice basic wire wrapping skills!
We have used our fuchsia pink banded agate beads which are great for adding a pop of colour. If you like the design but fancy using an alternative gemstone, browse our huge collection of gemstone beads. Remember to ensure your wire size is appropriate for the beads you are using. In this project, we have used 0.8mm wire.
1. Firstly, cut approximately 45cm of leather cord.
2. Next, take about 10cm of 0.8mm round wire.
3. Now use round nose pliers to form a loop about 2cm down from one end and secure with a few wire wraps.
4. Start to thread the beads onto the wire. We have used 4 beads for this bracelet (this project also has more wire and beads than you need for just this bracelet design, so you will have some spare to create other designs with).
5. After threading on your beads, leave enough wire on the other end (about 2cm) to make a loop and wrap around the wire neatly to secure.
6. Next, thread the leather through one loop of the bead bar and pull through to the half way point. Simply tie a knot just below the loop. Check the bracelet length around your wrist before cutting. At this point, cut approximately 5cm off each side of the leather and ensured the ends are level.
7. Place the end of the leather onto a box cord end and simply fold over the sides with pliers to secure in place. Repeat for the other loose end.
8. Twist open a jump ring and thread it through the loops on the box ends. Whilst open, catch in the loop of the carabiner clasp and twist closed.
Your bracelet is now finished!
Make the design your own by using your favourite jewellery supplies.
Kernowcraft's jewellery making kits are aimed to inspire you - therefore the step by step instructions are available online only with a shopping list, where you can easily customise the design to suit you. We recommend printing or bookmarking this page ready to follow.
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
You can buy all the products in this collection at once by clicking the button below or add individual products by clicking the button beside each one.
Total price: £1.80
Total price: £10.95
Total price: £6.95
Total price: £2.10
Total price: £2.30
Total price: £1.45