Easy Ways To Customise Hoop Earrings
Hoop earrings are a staple in many people's jewellery collections and the best thing about them is that they are so easy to customise yourself, even if you have no jewellery making experience!
Below we share with you a video showing our favourite ways to add elements to your hoops without the need for any tools, such as charms, gemstones and beads.
We also share some other projects which require only a few tools, as well as a great tutorial on how to make your own wire wrapped hoop earrings from scratch.
We hope these designs inspire you to get creative with your own designs.
These also make lovely handmade gifts, so why not pop your customised hoops into one of our gift bags or boxes to gift to someone special?
Shop Earring Hoops With Kernowcraft
Don't have any hoop earrings you can customise, we have some high quality choices available in sterling silver and rose gold filled metal with various sizes to choose from.
Watch Our Video On Simple Ways You Can Customise Your Hoop Earrings
Discover Ideas Which Require No Tools
We stock a stunning collection of sterling silver and gold vermeil charms for jewellery making. Whether you're a nature, coastal or geometric lover - there's a charm design for everyone's taste! Discover our collection and find many suitable charms to hang from your earring hoops - don't forget the loop must be large enough to thread through your hoops.
We love how these large holed amazonite beads are so simple yet add a gorgeous pop of colour to the design. You can browse our full collection of large holed beads on our website including gemstones as well as metal beads too.
These gemstone charms are usually used as pendants but we think they look brilliant hung from hoops too!
We love mixing metals and think that metal beads threaded onto hoops add a great contrast and texture to your hoops. Explore our full range with plain metal beads in silver, gold and rose gold filled and copper in various styles to choose from. Why not mix and match! Don't forget to check that the metal beads have a hole large enough to thread onto the hoops.
Discover Ideas Which Require A Few Tools
We love this combination of rose quartz, apatite and rose gold filled beads! With a few tools and a simple jewellery making technique using a headpin, you can recreate your own using your favourite beads.
This is a simple and effective way to customise your hoops and all you need are some side cutters to trim your wire. It's as simple as wrapping wire around your hoop and adding your chosen beads between wraps. This design features our sparkling spinel beads but you can get creative with any gems you like!
We share with you a tutorial on how to make your own wire hoop earrings from scratch which you can customise with your favourite beads or charms.
The products used in these projects are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that stocks can vary, so do use your own judgement as to the compatibility of each item when making.
Also in this section:
- How To Start Jewellery Making
- How To Make Jewellery At Home
- Choosing A Jewellers Workbench
- 12 Basic Tools For Jewellery Making Beginners
- What Is A Cabochon And Faceted Stone?
- Your Guide To Metals For Jewellery Making
- Your Guide To Jewellery Findings
- Types Of Chain For Jewellery Making & Necklet Chain Length Guide
- CM to Inches For Chain Length Conversions
- Jewellery Making Tools For Cutting Metal Wire & Sheet
- A Quick Guide to Jewellery Making Hammers
- The Pliers You Need For Jewellery Making
- The Jewellery Pliers Set For Beginners
- What Are Parallel Pliers For Jewellery Making?
- How To Open And Close Jump Rings For Jewellery Making
- Types Of Earring Findings For Jewellery Making
- How To Make Earrings For Beginners
- Easy Ways To Customise Hoop Earrings
- How To Make Earwires
- 2 Ways To Make Wire Earrings
- How To Make Your Own Balled Head Pins For Earrings
- 7 Ways To Fasten A Necklace or Bracelet
- How To Make An Easy Charm Necklace
- Easy Ways To Make Charm Jewellery
- Sea Glass Jewellery Making Projects For Beginners
- How To Make A Ring: 5 Beginner Projects
- Beginner Jewellery Making Projects Using Glue
- Choosing Glue For Jewellery Making & Top Tips
- How To Use Devcon Epoxy Glue For Jewellery Making
- Time Saving Jewellery Making Tools & Supplies
- How To Make A Ring Smaller With A Ring Size Adjuster
- How To Use A Safety Chain
- How To Tighten & Loosen Earring Backs
- Everything You Need To Repair Broken Jewellery At Home
HAVE A QUESTION?
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with our friendly team who will be more than happy to give you advice over email or on the phone.
You can learn more and find inspiration by visiting our Jewellery Making Tutorials, Jewellery Making Kits and YouTube Channel. Don't forget to follow us on social media and tag us in your designs on Instagram & Facebook, we would love to see!