We're open & will continue to dispatch orders as usual throughout the November lockdown. Read more
If you're a jewellery making beginner and wish to start making your own earwires rather than buying ready-made ones, this tutorial is for you!
We are thrilled to introduce the Ear Wire Maker to our range of jewellery making supplies, it's cost effective and will help you save time in the workshop.
Watch our video tutorial below and see how simple and easy it is to use and get all the jewellery making supplies you need here with Kernowcraft.
1. Measure 2 inches of 0.8mm wire and cut using side cutters.
2. Spread the handles of the ear wire maker apart and insert the wire as shown in the video.
3. Squeeze the handles together to form the earwire.
4. Smooth the edge of the earwire with a file, sandpaper or cup burr.
6. Use snipe nose pliers to twist open the loop of the earwire, attach a component such as a charm and close to secure.
Maybe handmade earwires aren't for you and you prefer the look of ready-made ones! We have so many high quality earwires to choose from including popular shepherds crook and kidney wire earwires. We also have earring drops, studs for settings stones in a range of metals to suit your designs.
Subscribe for free jewellery making advice, inspiration, new product updates & exclusive offers