What Are Drusy Gemstones?
What is a drusy?
Drusy also referred to as druzy, comes from the German word 'druse' which means geode. A geode is a hollow space within a stone that contains lovely little crystals.
Vapour Deposition Coating
Drusy for jewellery making is carefully coated to give them their extra sparkle and colour.
The drusy gemstones that we supply here at Kernowcraft have been coated in the US by a world-leading laboratory using a process called Vapour Deposition Coating which uses materials such as titanium and platinum to give them a coating that is not only gorgeous but is designed to be durable to withstand everyday wear.
The stunning coatings on these stones range from bright golds to gorgeous shimmering blues and purples.
Healing With Drusy
Drusy is believed by many to be associated with peace, tranquillity and intuition.
Beginner-Friendly Drusy Jewellery Making Design Inspiration
More Drusy Jewellery Design Inspiration
We've created a wire wrapped drusy ring! Read our tutorial page with top tips on how to make your own wire wrapped ring with video tutorial
Also in this section:
- The Chakras & Stones For Beginners
- Top Gemstones For Love & Valentine's Day
- 5 Gemstones To Wear On Your Travels
- Mohs Hardness Scale, Gemstone Durability & Jewellery Making
- Top 10 Affordable Gemstones For Jewellery Making
- Your Guide To Anniversary Gemstones & Jewellery Making
- Your Guide To Birthstones & Birthstone Jewellery
- Discover Rare Cornish Turquoise
- Garnet: The January Birthstone
- Amethyst: The February Birthstone
- Aquamarine: The March Birthstone
- Diamond: The April Birthstone
- Emerald: The May Birthstone
- Pearl: The June Birthstone
- Ruby: The July Birthstone
- Peridot: The August Birthstone
- Sapphire: The September Birthstone
- Opal: The October Birthstone
- Topaz: The November Birthstone
- Turquoise: The December Birthstone
- Types Of Diamonds For Jewellery Making
- Lapis Lazuli, The Stone For Truth & Communication
- Types Of Agate Stones For Jewellery Making
- What Are Precious & Semi-Precious Stones?
- Watermelon Tourmaline For Jewellery Making
- 6 Stones For Alternative Engagement Rings
- Rare Tanzanite For Jewellery Making
- Top Neon Gemstones For Jewellery Making
- Gemstones For Your Inner Mermaid
- 5 Spiritual Crystals To Help Your Mind & Body
- Rose Quartz, The Love Stone
- What Are Drusy Gemstones?
- What Is A Boulder Opal & How Do We Source Them
- Alexandrite: A Colour Changing Gemstone
- All About Our Natural Untreated Turquoise