5 Spiritual Crystals To Help Your Mind & Body
The Magic Of Crystal Healing...
Do crystals really have the power to affect your mind, body and emotions?
Crystal healing has been used since ancient Egyptian times, worn as jewellery, buried with loved ones and used to cure ailments and illnesses.
Today, crystals cannot be used as medicine but don't forget, these beautiful gemstones are still physical creations made of the earth's energy, each with their own 'vibration'. People are now becoming more open-minded about the power of gemstones and connecting with them in their everyday lives.
Whether you decide to wear your favourite crystal around your neck or choose to place them on your bedside table - it can be a soothing reminder of its possible qualities and powers.
It is down to you to open your mind and heart to the possibilities of crystal healing... discover below five crystals, their believed meanings, properties and how they could help you balance your mind and body.
Fall In Love With Rose Quartz
Rose quartz has a cloudy, pink colouring which is made through the presence of the tiny amounts of titanium within the stone. This stone is said to have a calming effect. It represents love and peace, with the gemstone aiding inner healing, self-love and self-esteem.
It is also said that rose quartz strengthens the heart, therefore creating a pendant could be a perfect choice and be a reminder to always practice self-love. You could also place rose quartz on your bedside table to allow those loving vibes to enter your room.
Discover the 'Master Healer', Amethyst
A popular purple crystal, known as the master healer gem it's used within meditation to bring harmony to those around it, while also relieving feelings of stress, anger and impatience. It is said to relieve you from physical, emotional and psychological pain too.
Great for both the mind and body, amethyst is thought to also help you sleep at night and prevent nightmares. You can wear amethyst over your heart while you sleep to help protect you, that's when it would make a perfect necklace to carry with you always.
Soothe Your Mind With Lapis Lazuli
Lapis is a beautiful royal blue gemstone and is said to harmonise the mind and body. Many believe that placing
Lapis is known for its magic within the night, place beside your bedside table to enhance your dreams and give you protection. Did you know that placing your lapis under the stars is said to recharge this special gemstone!
Feel Protected With Labradorite
Labradorite is a popular gemstone, ranging in colours such as purple, blue, yellow and green. It is said to be a gemstone that is extremely mystical, raising your awareness and used to get rid of negative energies during therapy.
It's also said that labradorite is great for self-discovery, your inner spirit and calming your mind. Labradorite is a great gemstone for jewellery making, it is recommended to wear it over the heart - so it would be a great pendant or designed as earrings.
Have Confidence With Carnelian
Carnelian is an orangey-red gemstone, with its element being fire, it's no surprise that this gemstone is linked to confidence and courage. If you are feeling doubtful, this is a great gem to have nearby to knock those worries away and think about why you're amazing! It's also great for turning emotions such as rage and jealousy into feelings of calm and having a love for life.
To recharge carnelian, run it underwater, place it under sunlight or keep with other gemstones. Place your carnelian on your skin, create a pendant or place at the entrance of your home.
At Kernowcraft, we stock a wide range of gemstones for jewellery making. Browse our crystal category for our current range of gemstones which sometimes included decorative crystals, as well as crystal points, beads and rough undrilled gems.
We have a range of crystals, rough gemstones and sometimes decorative crystal pieces to choose from. Including our popular crystal point pendants which can be hung with your favourite chain or thread.
Use your favourite healing gemstones by making your own handmade jewellery! Our jewellery making kits are aimed at beginners, with step by step instructions and a handy one-click shopping list.
- Hall, J., 2003. The Crystal Bible. 1st ed. Hampshire: Godsfield Press.
- Hall, C., 1994. Gemstones. 1st ed. London: Dorling Kindersley Limited.
- Eason, C., 2003. The Illustrated Directory Of Healing Crystals. A Comprehensive Guide To 150 Crystals And Gemstones. 1st ed. London: Vega.
Also in this section:
- The Chakras & Stones For Beginners
- Top Gemstones For Love & Valentine's Day
- 5 Gemstones To Wear On Your Travels
- Mohs Hardness Scale, Gemstone Durability & Jewellery Making
- Top 10 Affordable Gemstones For Jewellery Making
- Your Guide To Anniversary Gemstones & Jewellery Making
- Your Guide To Birthstones & Birthstone Jewellery
- Discover Rare Cornish Turquoise
- Garnet: The January Birthstone
- Amethyst: The February Birthstone
- Aquamarine: The March Birthstone
- Diamond: The April Birthstone
- Emerald: The May Birthstone
- Pearl: The June Birthstone
- Ruby: The July Birthstone
- Peridot: The August Birthstone
- Sapphire: The September Birthstone
- Opal: The October Birthstone
- Topaz: The November Birthstone
- Turquoise: The December Birthstone
- Types Of Diamonds For Jewellery Making
- Lapis Lazuli, The Stone For Truth & Communication
- Types Of Agate Stones For Jewellery Making
- What Are Precious & Semi-Precious Stones?
- Watermelon Tourmaline For Jewellery Making
- 6 Stones For Alternative Engagement Rings
- Rare Tanzanite For Jewellery Making
- Top Neon Gemstones For Jewellery Making
- Gemstones For Your Inner Mermaid
- 5 Spiritual Crystals To Help Your Mind & Body
- Rose Quartz, The Love Stone
- What Are Drusy Gemstones?
- What Is A Boulder Opal & How Do We Source Them
- Alexandrite: A Colour Changing Gemstone
- All About Our Natural Untreated Turquoise