How To Wire Wrap A Gemstone Donut
Gemstone donuts are versatile components that can be used in a variety of jewellery designs!
This page gives step by step instructions on how to wire wrap a donut, which is a great technique to learn to enable many design options. You can use it as a bangle top, linked together to make a bracelet, as part of some earrings or attached to lengths of chain to make a necklace.
You Could Use Your Wire Wrapped Donut To Make
Jewellery Making Supplies Needed
These gemstones are donut shaped, with a hole in the middle which makes them really easy to hang from threads or to wire wrap.
In this tutorial, we've used a 20mm gemstone donut but you can get creative by using your favourite gemstone and size!
Choose from our selection of metal wire to complete your project! Including plated, sterling silver, 9ct gold, copper, brass and more.
Follow The Step By Step Tutorial On How To Wire Wrap A Donut
Take a 30cm length of wire and put the wire through the hole of the donut. Wrap this around the donut 5 times. You want to have roughly equal lengths left over both sides. To end up with this, start with one side of the wire double the length of the other and use the longer side to wrap around the donut.
Take your round nose pliers and about 5mm up from the top of the donut, bend to an angle and then create a loop around the pliers.
Watch More Ways To Make Gemstone Donut Jewellery Below
The products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that stocks can vary, so do use your own judgement as to the compatibility of each item when making.
Also in this section:
- Tools For Making Jewellery Using Wire
- Your Guide On Choosing Wire For Jewellery Making
- Compare Jewellery Designs Using Different Sized Wire
- Wire Gauge Coversions
- How To Work Harden Jewellery Making Wire
- How To Use Nylon Jaw Pliers For Jewellery Making
- How To Use A Thing-A-Ma Jig For Jewellery Making
- How to Wire Wrap a Bead With a Headpin
- How To Wire Wrap A Bead
- How To Make A Wire Wrapped Bead Chain
- How To Wire Wrap A Briolette
- Wire Wrapped Cluster Briolette Earring Tutorial
- How To Make Wire Wrapped Bead Necklace With Handmade Clasp
- How To Wire Wrap A Rough Crystal
- How To Make Valentine's Day Earrings: Wonky Wire Hearts
- How To Make A Wire Wrapped Crystal Necklace
- 6 Wire Wrapped Ring Projects & Essential Tools
- How To Make A Wire Wrapped Bead Ring
- How To Make An Anxiety Ring
- How To Make A Wire Wrapped Gemstone Ring
- How To Make A Wire Wrapped Cabochon Pendant
- How To Make A Tree Of Life Pendant
- How To Wire Wrap A Gemstone Donut
- How To Make Christmas Tree Earrings
- Simple Sterling Silver Wire Scroll Earrings
- Soldered Circle Hoop Earrings With Beads Tutorial
- How To Make Wire Hoop Earrings & Customise Them
- Metal Charm Hoop Earring Tutorial
- How To Make A Wire Word Necklace
- 4 Wire Wrapped Gemstone Tube Bead Projects
- Festival Inspired Crystal Necklace Tutorial
HAVE A QUESTION?
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with our friendly team who will be more than happy to give you advice over email or on the phone.
You can learn more and find inspiration by visiting our Jewellery Making Tutorials, Jewellery Making Kits and YouTube Channel. Don't forget to follow us on social media and tag us in your designs on Instagram & Facebook, we would love to see!