Wire Gauge Conversions To Millimeters and Inches
Getting the right size wire is vital when buying supplies for your jewellery making projects - you want to be sure that the wire is the perfect size for your design! As with many measurements, our friends in America have a different system for measuring and when it comes to wire they use 'gauge'.
Sometimes, when following projects from the internet or books, this measurement is used. We have created this handy wire gauge conversion chart showing the AWG (American Wire Gauge) sizes and their equivalents in both inches and millimeters.
Below this chart is an example of the different metal wires we provide which come in a wide range of measurements from 0.2mm to 4mm.
Shop Jewellery Making Supplies & Follow Tutorials
At Kernowcraft, we stock a wide range of metal wire for your jewellery making needs.
Metals include plated, sterling silver, eco-friendly, 9ct gold, copper and brass. We also have a various shaped wire available such as D-shaped wire, square & rectangular wire, beaded wire, twisted wire, gallery wire and bezel strip.
Whether you want to learn the basic of jewellery making, wire wrapping skills or stone setting - we have plenty of free tutorials and guides to help you
Also in this section:
- Tools For Making Jewellery Using Wire
- Your Guide On Choosing Wire For Jewellery Making
- Compare Jewellery Designs Using Different Sized Wire
- Wire Gauge Coversions
- How To Work Harden Jewellery Making Wire
- How To Use Nylon Jaw Pliers For Jewellery Making
- How To Use A Thing-A-Ma Jig For Jewellery Making
- How to Wire Wrap a Bead With a Headpin
- How To Wire Wrap A Bead
- How To Make A Wire Wrapped Bead Chain
- How To Wire Wrap A Briolette
- Wire Wrapped Cluster Briolette Earring Tutorial
- How To Make Wire Wrapped Bead Necklace With Handmade Clasp
- How To Wire Wrap A Rough Crystal
- How To Make Valentine's Day Earrings: Wonky Wire Hearts
- How To Make A Wire Wrapped Crystal Necklace
- 6 Wire Wrapped Ring Projects & Essential Tools
- How To Make A Wire Wrapped Bead Ring
- How To Make An Anxiety Ring
- How To Make A Wire Wrapped Gemstone Ring
- How To Make A Wire Wrapped Cabochon Pendant
- How To Make A Tree Of Life Pendant
- How To Wire Wrap A Gemstone Donut
- How To Make Christmas Tree Earrings
- Simple Sterling Silver Wire Scroll Earrings
- Soldered Circle Hoop Earrings With Beads Tutorial
- How To Make Wire Hoop Earrings & Customise Them
- Metal Charm Hoop Earring Tutorial
- How To Make A Wire Word Necklace
- 4 Wire Wrapped Gemstone Tube Bead Projects
- Festival Inspired Crystal Necklace Tutorial
HAVE A QUESTION?
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with our friendly team who will be more than happy to give you advice over email or on the phone.
You can learn more and find inspiration by visiting our Jewellery Making Tutorials, Jewellery Making Kits and YouTube Channel. Don't forget to follow us on social media and tag us in your designs on Instagram & Facebook, we would love to see!