Simple Sterling Silver Wire Scroll Earrings Tutorial With Guest Writer Alix Leeds
Today we are thrilled to introduce you to our Guest Writer, Alix from The Little Red Hen Jewellery! The jewellery making community is something very special and we love to share your talent. Today Alix shows us a great step by step tutorial, showing us exactly how to make these stunning simple scroll earrings.
These sparkly scroll earrings are one of my favourite things to make. They’re lightweight for everyday, but have just enough of sparkle for evening wear too. I love using
Step 3 - Create the scroll
Using your round nose pliers, make a small loop with the tapered end and turn once. Swap to your square nose pliers, gently grip the scroll and carefully continue to turn until you have a scroll shape.
(You can cover the jaws of your pliers with masking tape to protect the wire from marks if you wish).
Step 5 - Texture with hammer
Using a steel bench block and the flat face of a planishing hammer, hammer the wire to flatten the scroll. I like to angle the hammer to strike the wire with the side of the hammer, to create a texture which catches the light and really sparkles. Next, turn the scroll over and gently tap the reverse side to straighten the earrings.
Step 6 - Add the ear hooks
All that’s left is to add some Sterling silver ear hooks (I make my own from 0.8mm Sterling silver wire) and give them a polish! I polish my silver earrings in a barrel polisher, but you can also polish them using a silver or jewellery polishing cloth.
And there you have it! A lovely, sparkly pair of Sterling silver wire scroll earrings.
Where can you find Alix from The Little Red Hen?
Also in this section:
- Tools For Making Jewellery Using Wire
- Your Guide On Choosing Wire For Jewellery Making
- Compare Jewellery Designs Using Different Sized Wire
- Wire Gauge Coversions
- How To Work Harden Jewellery Making Wire
- How To Use Nylon Jaw Pliers For Jewellery Making
- How To Use A Thing-A-Ma Jig For Jewellery Making
- How to Wire Wrap a Bead With a Headpin
- How To Wire Wrap A Bead
- How To Make A Wire Wrapped Bead Chain
- How To Wire Wrap A Briolette
- Wire Wrapped Cluster Briolette Earring Tutorial
- How To Make Wire Wrapped Bead Necklace With Handmade Clasp
- How To Wire Wrap A Rough Crystal
- How To Make Valentine's Day Earrings: Wonky Wire Hearts
- How To Make A Wire Wrapped Crystal Necklace
- 6 Wire Wrapped Ring Projects & Essential Tools
- How To Make A Wire Wrapped Bead Ring
- How To Make An Anxiety Ring
- How To Make A Wire Wrapped Gemstone Ring
- How To Make A Wire Wrapped Cabochon Pendant
- How To Make A Tree Of Life Pendant
- How To Wire Wrap A Gemstone Donut
- How To Make Christmas Tree Earrings
- Simple Sterling Silver Wire Scroll Earrings
- Soldered Circle Hoop Earrings With Beads Tutorial
- How To Make Wire Hoop Earrings & Customise Them
- Metal Charm Hoop Earring Tutorial
- How To Make A Wire Word Necklace
- 4 Wire Wrapped Gemstone Tube Bead Projects
- Festival Inspired Crystal Necklace Tutorial
HAVE A QUESTION?
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with our friendly team who will be more than happy to give you advice over email or on the phone.
You can learn more and find inspiration by visiting our Jewellery Making Tutorials, Jewellery Making Kits and YouTube Channel. Don't forget to follow us on social media and tag us in your designs on Instagram & Facebook, we would love to see!