How To Make A Wire Wrapped Crystal Necklace
Crystal jewellery is so popular and it's no wonder with the amazing colours and shapes you can find! At Kernowcraft, we offer a lovely range of colourful quartz crystals for your handmade jewellery designs. Whether you want to create a necklace or earrings, you can find all the supplies right here.
This project is perfect if you love boho fashion or would like to make a handmade gift for a friend using simple wire wrapping techniques.
In our tutorial, we show you how easy it is to wire wrap a crystal point bead and turn it into a beautiful necklace ready to be worn in minutes.
Watch our video tutorial to see how to wire wrap a crystal point bead
This wire wrapping technique is a great one to learn if you're just getting started. Once you've mastered the skill, you'll be able to use this for creating bracelets, earrings and more detailed designs using gemstone beads. Read more tutorials on wire-wrapping here.
- Your choice of crystal point
- 10cm of sterling silver 0.5mm wire (ensure the wire will fit through your chosen bead)
- Ready made chain - we have used our popular sterling silver fine trace chain for this project (ensure the wire will fit through the chain links)
The products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that stocks can vary, so do use your own judgement as to the compatibility of each item when making.
Also in this section:
- Tools For Making Jewellery Using Wire
- Your Guide On Choosing Wire For Jewellery Making
- Compare Jewellery Designs Using Different Sized Wire
- Wire Gauge Coversions
- How To Work Harden Jewellery Making Wire
- How To Use Nylon Jaw Pliers For Jewellery Making
- How To Use A Thing-A-Ma Jig For Jewellery Making
- How to Wire Wrap a Bead With a Headpin
- How To Wire Wrap A Bead
- How To Make A Wire Wrapped Bead Chain
- How To Wire Wrap A Briolette
- Wire Wrapped Cluster Briolette Earring Tutorial
- How To Make Wire Wrapped Bead Necklace With Handmade Clasp
- How To Wire Wrap A Rough Crystal
- How To Make Valentine's Day Earrings: Wonky Wire Hearts
- How To Make A Wire Wrapped Crystal Necklace
- 6 Wire Wrapped Ring Projects & Essential Tools
- How To Make A Wire Wrapped Bead Ring
- How To Make An Anxiety Ring
- How To Make A Wire Wrapped Gemstone Ring
- How To Make A Wire Wrapped Cabochon Pendant
- How To Make A Tree Of Life Pendant
- How To Wire Wrap A Gemstone Donut
- How To Make Christmas Tree Earrings
- Simple Sterling Silver Wire Scroll Earrings
- Soldered Circle Hoop Earrings With Beads Tutorial
- How To Make Wire Hoop Earrings & Customise Them
- Metal Charm Hoop Earring Tutorial
- How To Make A Wire Word Necklace
- 4 Wire Wrapped Gemstone Tube Bead Projects
- Festival Inspired Crystal Necklace Tutorial
HAVE A QUESTION?
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with our friendly team who will be more than happy to give you advice over email or on the phone.
You can learn more and find inspiration by visiting our Jewellery Making Tutorials, Jewellery Making Kits and YouTube Channel. Don't forget to follow us on social media and tag us in your designs on Instagram & Facebook, we would love to see!