This simple crystal point necklace is a modern and minimalist design, which would be perfect for a gift for someone special. Wire wrapping a crystal point is such an easy way to show off its beauty and turn into a necklace.
Remember to ensure your wire size is appropriate for the crystal beads you are using. In this project we have used 0.5mm wire.
This kit contains our pack of 10 mystic coated quartz pendants, so you can make more designs!
1. Firstly, find the half way point in your chain and cut it in half using side cutters.
2. Next, take about 10cm of 0.5mm round wire. You may wish to harden the wire a little before use as it is quite fine and flexible. An easy way to do this is to hold either end of the wire with snipe or flat nose pliers and twist gently in opposite directions, you will notice after twisting a few times the wire will feel a little stiffer.
3. Now use round nose pliers to form a loop about 2cm down from one end. Thread one end of the chain into the loop and then create a tight neat coil with the wire by wrapping the shorter end around itself. For a detailed step by step instruction including clear photographs to help you learn the technique click here.
4. Next, thread the crystal onto the wire.
5. Leave enough wire on the other end (about 2cm) to complete the necklace by using the same wire wrapping technique to attach the wire onto the other side of the chain and wrap around the wire neatly to secure.
Your crystal necklace is now finished!
Why not customise the necklace by adding even more beads to create a bead bar?
You may like to get our pack of pliers & side cutters which is an economical way of buying all the pliers you will need for every project!
Make the design your own by using your favourite jewellery supplies.
Kernowcraft's jewellery making kits are aimed to inspire you - therefore the step by step instructions are available online only with a shopping list, where you can easily customise the design to suit you. We recommend printing or bookmarking this page ready to follow.
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
You can buy all the products in this collection at once by clicking the button below or add individual products by clicking the button beside each one.
Total price: £9.00
Total price: £5.95
Total price: £1.50