This gemstone donut bangle is another example of how our beautiful gemstone donuts can be used in jewellery making.
It's really easy to make and is a great example of how a simple design can really work and be easily customisable.
2. Put 20cm of wire through the hole of the donut and wrap this around the donut 5 times. You want to have roughly equal lengths left over both sides. To end up with this, start with one side of the wire double the length of the other and use the longer side to wrap around the donut.
3. Use snipe nose pliers to pinch the ends of the wire together so they are flush with each other.
4. Take your round nose pliers and about 5mm up from the top of the donut, bend to an angle and then create a loop around the pliers.
5. Hold the loop with the round nose pliers, then tightly wrap the wire around itself downwards towards the donut, once at the bottom wrap it back up towards the loop to create a thicker bail. This will use almost all of the wire.
6. Use side cutters to cut the wire off as close to the bail as possible.
7. Use the snipe nose pliers to squeeze the loose wire ends into the wrapped wire bail. You want it so that when you run your finger along it you won't be able to feel anything sharp.
8. Repeat the same previous steps on the opposite side of the donut.
9. Now it's time to attach it to the bangle bar, use snipe nose pliers to ease open the closed side of the bangle bar, and attach one side of your connector. Once the bangle top is threaded onto the closed end of the wire take care to squeeze the loop shut so it will not fall off. The other end is used to close the bangle when it is on your wrist so that the tension of the wire will then cleverly keep the top in place. Please note that as the wire needs to be under tension to be secure, these are snug around your wrist.
Side cutters - for cutting and trimming wire, head pins etc.
Round nose pliers - for bending loops in wire
Snipe nose pliers - for open and closing jump rings
make the design your own by using your favourite gemstone donut
'The Encyclopedia of Wire Jewellery Techniques' by Sara Withers
Kernowcraft's jewellery making kits are aimed to inspire you - therefore the step by step instructions are available online only with a shopping list, where you can easily customise the design to suit you. We recommend printing or bookmarking this page ready to follow.
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
There are one or more items out of stock at present.
Total price: £1.80
Total price: £8.50
Total price: £4.85
Sorry, this item is currently unavailable.