How To Wire Wrap A Briolette
The following page gives step by step instructions on a simple, yet great technique for jewellery making - wire wrapping a briolette. This technique requires a little perseverance to produce neat and consistent results, but on the whole it is an easy process to master and requires few tools.
The end result allows you to create beautiful and elegant gemstone jewellery. Wire wrapping a briolette is very similar to wire wrapping any other bead, but with a briolette you can choose whether you would like to continue to wrap the wire down the top part of the bead to form a cap.
Follow Our Wire Wrapped Briolette Step By Step Tutorial
Hold both sides of the wire with your round nose pliers and bend the longer length to a right angle. At this point work half way up the plier nose to ensure you allow yourself enough room for a good wrap.
If necessary use side cutters to cut the short side of wire so that it stops at around the same point as bend on the longer side of wire. This will determine the length of your wrap.
Use your round nose pliers to form a loop with the longer side of wire by bending it to a right angle and wrapping it around the tip of the pliers. Make sure the loop is above the end of the short side of the wire and centre of the briolette.
Hold the loop flat between the tips of your snipe nose pliers. Take the long length of wire between your fingers and holding it taught, start wrapping it around the stem of the wires - starting at the base of the loop and working down towards the bead.
To help keep your wire wrapping tight you can use the tips of snipe nose pliers to gently squeeze the coil together.
Shop Our Jewellery Making Kits With Briolettes
Wire wrapped briolettes can be incorporated into such a variety of designs. Here are just a few examples of what you can create with them from our jewellery making kits.
The products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that stocks can vary, so do use your own judgement as to the compatibility of each item when making.
Also in this section:
- Tools For Making Jewellery Using Wire
- Your Guide On Choosing Wire For Jewellery Making
- Compare Jewellery Designs Using Different Sized Wire
- Wire Gauge Coversions
- How To Work Harden Jewellery Making Wire
- How To Use Nylon Jaw Pliers For Jewellery Making
- How To Use A Thing-A-Ma Jig For Jewellery Making
- How to Wire Wrap a Bead With a Headpin
- How To Wire Wrap A Bead
- How To Make A Wire Wrapped Bead Chain
- How To Wire Wrap A Briolette
- Wire Wrapped Cluster Briolette Earring Tutorial
- How To Make Wire Wrapped Bead Necklace With Handmade Clasp
- How To Wire Wrap A Rough Crystal
- How To Make Valentine's Day Earrings: Wonky Wire Hearts
- How To Make A Wire Wrapped Crystal Necklace
- 6 Wire Wrapped Ring Projects & Essential Tools
- How To Make A Wire Wrapped Bead Ring
- How To Make An Anxiety Ring
- How To Make A Wire Wrapped Gemstone Ring
- How To Make A Wire Wrapped Cabochon Pendant
- How To Make A Tree Of Life Pendant
- How To Wire Wrap A Gemstone Donut
- How To Make Christmas Tree Earrings
- Simple Sterling Silver Wire Scroll Earrings
- Soldered Circle Hoop Earrings With Beads Tutorial
- How To Make Wire Hoop Earrings & Customise Them
- Metal Charm Hoop Earring Tutorial
- How To Make A Wire Word Necklace
- 4 Wire Wrapped Gemstone Tube Bead Projects
- Festival Inspired Crystal Necklace Tutorial
HAVE A QUESTION?
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with our friendly team who will be more than happy to give you advice over email or on the phone.
You can learn more and find inspiration by visiting our Jewellery Making Tutorials, Jewellery Making Kits and YouTube Channel. Don't forget to follow us on social media and tag us in your designs on Instagram & Facebook, we would love to see!