6 Ways To Support A Small Business
Think - Shop Small!
There are so many small businesses out there and we think it's so important to shop small as well as support local businesses when you can.
Whether your friend has a small business or you have discovered a wonderful business online or on your local high street, show them some love!
Here are 6 ways you can support small businesses, with most being completely free...
1. Like, comment and share posts
Most small businesses are on social media as it's a great way to get their brand noticed, share products with you and for keeping you up to date with their latest news and behind the scenes action.
By simply engaging with their post by liking, commenting and sharing content you will be supporting them by getting their business in front of more people.
2. Recommend to friends and family
One of the best ways to show your support is through word of mouth. Talking about a small business and recommending them to friends and family will help them get new customers and hopefully get more people to spread the word.
3. Write a positive review
Reviews are so helpful for a small business as this shows their brand as a trusted place to buy from, helping others make the decision to purchase their product or service.
You may be able to write a review on their website, Facebook page or simple drop them an email to tell them your thoughts on the product which they can then share across their platforms.
4. Sign up the newsletters
Newsletters are a great way to stay up to date with business news, new products and information on products or services. Help them grow their email list by signing up and sharing the link to encourage others to do so too.
5. Send them a personal message
Often small businesses are only one person or a small team of people. One personal message can make someone's day! So drop them a personal message over email or on social media to let them know how much you love their business and why.
Not only will this put a smile on their face, it will be the motivation and encouragement they might need to keep going.
6. Buy from them
All of the above points show you how easy it is to support a small business by spending nothing at all!
Of course, nothing will support them more than buying from them. So whether you have a birthday coming up or Christmas is approaching, think 'shop small' and choose a small business to support instead of reaching for giant retailers.
Did You Know, Kernowcraft Is A Small Business?
We love supporting our customers, with many being small businesses run by only one jeweller - we know how important it is to support them due to being a small business too.
Our team is made up of 7 people, all experienced jewellers offering all the jewellery making supplies you need online, from our small office in Cornwall UK. The company has been handed down over three generations and we have been proud to supply to hobbyists and professional jewellers across the world for over 50 years.
Find out more about our business and what a day in the life looks like at our office, by watching our behind the scenes video!
Also in this section:
- 8 Reasons To Do A Jewellery Making Course
- 5 Steps To Creating A Profitable Jewellery Business
- Jewellery Photography Guide
- 12 Tips When Taking Photos Of Jewellery On Your Phone
- 5 Tips for Photographing Your Jewellery
- Jewellery Packaging Ideas
- 10 Packaging Tips For Your Handmade Jewellery
- All Your Questions Answered On Hallmarking Jewellery By London Assay Office
- The Power of The Jewellery Making Community
- Jewellery Making, Copyright & Being Unique
- 6 Ways To Support A Small Business
- Running A Handmade Jewellery Business On A Budget
- Preparing Your Jewellery Craft Stall
- Jewellery Craft Market Vlog & Packing List With Mareike
- 21 Tips For A Successful Craft Stall
- 10 Reasons Your Jewellery Business Needs Social Media
- How To Use Instagram For Your Handmade Jewellery Business
- How To Set Up An Etsy Shop For Your Handmade Jewellery Business
- Creating A Brand For Your Handmade Jewellery Business
- Branding Your Jewellery Business
- 11 Marketing Tips For Your Handmade Jewellery Business
- 16 Website Tips For Your Handmade Jewellery Business
- Choosing A Brand Name For Your Handmade Jewellery Business
- Creating A Logo For Your Jewellery Business
- How To Price Your Handmade Jewellery
- Top Tips For Designing A Business Card For Your Handmade Jewellery Business
- Sending Newsletters For Your Handmade Business
- How To Run A Social Media Giveaway For Your Handmade Jewellery
- How To Work With Influencers To Sell Your Handmade Jewellery
- 3 Ways To Measure A Customer's Ring Size As A Jeweller
- The Handmade Jewellery Business Christmas Checklist
- 26 Blog Post Ideas for Jewellery Makers
- 4 Ways To Refresh Your Handmade Business
- Top Tips For Selling Handmade Jewellery Online With Carole Allen
- 15 Tips To Stay Safe In The Workshop