This tool kit has everything you need to make your own beautiful metal decoration! Hang it in your home, give as a gift or even hang from your Christmas tree as a unique ornament.
In this project, you will be able to practice sawing and texturing techniques - making it a great metalsmith project for a beginner. You can use these techniques to create more designs such as earring drops and pendants.
Don't forget you can purchase individual tools within the shopping list to suit your needs and budget!
1. Use a scriber to mark your chosen design onto 0.5mm brass sheet - or any metal sheet you would prefer such as copper or silver.
2. Use beeswax to lubricate the saw blade to help it glide easily through the metal.
3. Use a jewellers saw (with anvil & bench peg) to cut out the shape. For tips on piercing, read our advice page.
4. Use a needle file to smooth the edges.
5. Use sanding sheet to pre-polish your design, removing any unwanted scratches. We have used fine sanding sheet, but you may choose to work your way through the grades if needed.
6. Work up through the colour grades of polishing papers to bring your piece up to a high shine.
7. Place onto a steel block and use a ball pein hammer to add texture to your design.
8. Apply renaissance wax to protect the decoration from oxidising, so it stays bright and shiny!
9. Attach thread to finish your decoration. We've used silkon thread but you can choose any suitable thread you like. We have drilled a hole through the decoration (using our hand drillstock/Dremel 4000 Multi Tool with twist drill bit), but you can simply wrap the thread around the secure.
Our Jewellery Making Tool Kits showcase our top tools and supplies for various areas of jewellery making. They are aimed to inspire you, so you easily customise your tool kit to suit your needs and budget. Check out our jewellery making tutorials for free guides, browse our full selection of tools and if you have any further questions please get in touch.
You can buy all the products in this collection at once by clicking the button below or add individual products by clicking the button beside each one.
Total price: £8.50
Total price: £10.25
Total price: £29.95
Total price: £18.95
Total price: £4.20
Total price: £2.99
Total price: £15.99
Total price: £2.10
Total price: £16.95
Total price: £44.99
Total price: £18.65
Total price: £13.95