Wire Wrapped Sea Glass Ring
We love collecting sea glass and turning it into beautiful jewellery.
We've created a simple wire wrapped ring in no time at all! Make the perfect treat for yourself or a gift for someone special.
This is a great beginner project, which doesn't require any soldering.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
1. Use side cutters to cut 40cm of wire - this will give you enough for your ring size and excess for wire wrapping.
2. Bend the wire in half around the triblet and position on the point of the ring size you would like. Wrap one end of the wire around the tiblet, leaving two loose ends.
3. With the two loose ends at the front of the triblet, individually wrap each end under the wire ring one of two wraps - leaving enough space for the length of your stone between them.
4. Flatten the surface where the sea glass will sit.
5. Hold the sea glass in place on the ring and wrap one end of the loose wire around the stone. Form extra loops around the side loops you have already created. Repeat with the other loose wire and wrap on the other side.
6. Use side cutters to trim any excess wire and use snipe nose pliers to neatly tuck in any loose ends.
The beauty of wire wrapping is that you can experiment with your designs such as adding more loops or creating a thicker band. Have fun and get creative!
Watch our video with more sea glass jewellery ideas to try...
You may like to get our pack of pliers & side cutters which is an economical way of buying all the pliers you will need for every project!
CUSTOMISE YOUR KIT
Make the design your own by using your favourite crystals and rough gemstones
JEWELLERY MAKING BOOKS
Kernowcraft's jewellery making kits are aimed to inspire you - therefore the step by step instructions are available online only with a shopping list, where you can easily customise the design to suit you. We recommend printing or bookmarking this page ready to follow.
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
Your Shopping List
You can buy all the products in this collection at once by clicking the button below or add individual products by clicking the button beside each one.