This rough green amethyst natural crystal is a light shade of watermelon green! Making it a beautiful gem to use in this wire-wrapped project.
We've created a simple wire wrapped ring to really show the beauty of this undrilled crystal.
This is a great beginner project, which doesn't require any soldering.
1. Use side cutters to cut 40cm of wire - this will give you enough for your ring size and excess for wire wrapping.
2. Bend the wire in half around the
3. With the two loose ends at the front of the
4. Flatten the surface where the rough gemstone will sit.
5. Hold the rough gemstone in place on the ring and wrap one end of the loose wire around the stone. Form extra loops around the side loops you have already created. Repeat with the other loose wire and wrap on the other side.
6. Use side cutters to trim any excess wire and use snipe nose pliers to neatly tuck in any loose ends.
The beauty of wire wrapping is that you can experiment with your designs such as adding more loops or creating a thicker band. Have fun and get creative!
You may like to get our pack of pliers & side cutters which is an economical way of buying all the pliers you will need for every project!
Make the design your own by using your favourite crystals and rough gemstones
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
There are one or more items out of stock at present.
Total price: £6.99
Sorry, this item is currently unavailable.
Total price: £3.20