These pretty peacock pearl chain drop earrings offer a unique design that is so easy to make! The longer chain with pearl will hang behind your ear for an eye-catching look.
This shopping list features more supplies than needed such as our peacock pearls, sold as a pack of 10! So why not make yourself a matching necklace or bracelet with the remaining beads.
Due to the nature of pearls, their shapes and sizes will vary and they will have natural formation marks.
1. Begin by cutting your chain using side cutters into the following lengths: 2 x 6cm & 2 x 4cm.
2. Thread a peacock pearl onto a headpin.
3. Use the tips of round nose pliers to form a loop in the headpin just above where the beads sit at the bottom of the headpin, then hook the loop onto the end of a chain link.
4. Hold onto the loop with the tips of snipe nose pliers and wrap underneath the loop a few times to secure. Trim excess wire using side cutters and tuck in the end of the wire.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 with the remaining pearl beads, headpins and chain.
6. Use a pair of snipe or flat nose pliers to twist open a 3.5mm jump ring, attach the shorter length chain as well as the loop of the earstud setting under the ball, then twist closed to secure. Repeat for the other earstud.
7. Twist open another jump ring, attach the loose length of the longer chain drops as well as the loop of the earring scroll, twist to secure. Repeat for the other earstud.
Your earrings are now ready to wear!
You may like to get our pack of pliers & side cutters which is an economical way of buying all the pliers you will need for every project!
Make the design your own by using your favourite jewellery supplies
The Basics of Bead Stringing by Debbie Kanan
Beading Design by Kim Glover
Kernowcraft's jewellery making kits are aimed to inspire you - therefore the step by step instructions are available online only with a shopping list, where you can easily customise the design to suit you. We recommend printing or bookmarking this page ready to follow.
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
You can buy all the products in this collection at once by clicking the button below or add individual products by clicking the button beside each one.
Total price: £5.35
Total price: £4.25
Total price: £5.30
Total price: £1.99
Total price: £3.00