This jewellery making kit is basic and effective for a modern design. You can encase whatever you like - such as your favourite beads, a piece of sea glass or maybe a pebbles! Simply add your favourite chain to complete the look.
1. Begin by creating a loop at one end of the wire using the top of the round nose pliers.
2. Next, hold the loop tight and flat with snipe nose pliers and wrap around the loop in a clockwise direction. Move the pliers every few mm's keeping the circle flat. TIP: keeping the flat circle held in the snipe nose pliers will enable you to wrap the wire between the small gap of the open pliers keeping it neat and flat.
3. Continue to wrap until you have used half the wire.
4. We are aiming to create an S shape with the wire. Next, take the other end of the wire and turn over the first spiral. Again, wrap a spiral as before but this time wrap in an anti clockwise direction.
5. You should now have an S shape spiral. Use pliers to bend the wire at the centre point so the 2 spirals are now almost flat together.
6. Use pliers to hold the 2 outer rings together and gently pull out the small loop from the centre at one end creating half the round shape. Repeat at the other end.
7. Use pliers to bend back one of the small loop ends. Twist open a jump ring and thread through the loop. Catch in the chain and twist closed the jump ring.
8. Finally, insert your bead into the casing. Use pliers to adjust the shape and wire to mould nicely around your bead.
Make the design your own by customising the kit with your favourite supplies.
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
You can buy all the products in this collection at once by clicking the button below or add individual products by clicking the button beside each one.
Total price: £1.45
Total price: £1.60
Total price: £18.65
Total price: £2.99