These Christmas tree earrings are a lovely handmade gift idea for someone special this festive season.
This project is a great way to practice wire wrapping or for a beginner who wants a challenge!
1. Cut the length of wire in half, one half for each earring.
2. Bend a small loop in the wire with round nose pliers.
3. Use snipe nose pliers to form a spiral - hold the spiral flat between the plier jaws and keep adjusting your grip as you bend your wire around itself.
4. Stretch our the spiral to form the shape of a tree.
5. Create a loop at the bottom of the tree and thread a bead onto a headpin and then through the tree.
6. Cut any excess wire using side cutters, leaving enough room to form a loop at the top of the tree.
7. Attach an earwire to complete the look.
8. Repeat this process to create another Christmas tree earring.
Snipe nose pliers - essential for wirework
Round nose pliers - for bending loops in wire
Side cutters - for cutting wire
Make the design your own by using your favourite jewellery supplies.
'The Encyclopedia of Wire Jewellery Techniques' by Sara Withers
'The Basics of Bead Stringing' by Debbie Kanan
'Beading Design' by Kim Glover
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
You can buy all the products in this collection at once by clicking the button below or add individual products by clicking the button beside each one.
Total price: £8.99
Total price: £2.50
Total price: £8.95
Total price: £4.00