These Christmas tree earrings are a lovely handmade gift idea for someone special this festive season.
This project is a great way to practice wire wrapping or for a beginner who wants a challenge!
1. Cut the length of wire in half, one half for each earring.
2. Bend a small loop in the wire with round nose pliers.
3. Use snipe nose pliers to form a spiral - hold the spiral flat between the plier jaws and keep adjusting your grip as you bend your wire around itself.
4. Stretch our the spiral to form the shape of a tree.
5. Create a loop at the bottom of the tree and thread a bead onto a headpin and then through the tree.
6. Cut any excess wire using side cutters, leaving enough room to form a loop at the top of the tree.
7. Attach an earwire to complete the look.
8. Repeat this process to create another Christmas tree earring.
*Please note that due to current stock, we have added slightly different earwires to those featured in the photo to the shopping list.
Snipe nose pliers - essential for wirework
Round nose pliers - for bending loops in wire
Side cutters - for cutting wire
You may like to get our pack of pliers & side cutters which is an economical way of buying all the pliers you will need for every project!
Make the design your own by using your favourite jewellery supplies.
Read wire wrapping techniques, advice and follow tutorials
'The Encyclopedia of Wire Jewellery Techniques' by Sara Withers
'The Basics of Bead Stringing' by Debbie Kanan
'Beading Design' by Kim Glover
Kernowcraft's jewellery making kits are aimed to inspire you - therefore the step by step instructions are available online only with a shopping list, where you can easily customise the design to suit you. We recommend printing or bookmarking this page ready to follow.
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
There are one or more items out of stock at present.
Total price: £10.99
Sorry, this item is currently unavailable.
Total price: £2.65
Total price: £5.35
Total price: £5.50