Safety pickle is an essential product for every jewellery workshop for removing the fire-stain caused by heat during soldering.
When sterling silver is heated impurities can rise to the surface (especially on larger or flatter pieces) and cause a subtle dark shadow. Sometimes this is obvious straight away but sometimes the staining frustratingly surfaces during polishing.
How to use: It works quickest when it is warm so simply mix 1 teaspoonful with warm water in a covered glass or plastic container, immerse your pieces in the solution after soldering and leave them there for a few hours or overnight.
- Available in approx 90g bags
- Full instructions included
- This special dry acid concentrate is safe to store and easy to use
- Always use plastic tweezers for inserting and removing items from a pickle bath - don't be tempted to use metal tweezers for this job (unless you have pure brass ones) as inserting steel in the pickle solution can create a chemical reaction which causes your silver or gold to be copper plated!
Click below to read our helpful pages:
The following pdf document contains the safety data information provided by the manufacturer of this product. Please read thoroughly and do not hesitate to contact us if you need further information. The information provided in this safety data sheet is correct to the best of our knowledge, information and belief at the date of publication.
- Click here for the safety data sheet information.