We love this beautiful design, featuring a heart-shaped affirmation charm with a delicate wire-wrapped aqua blue chalcedony briolette hanging from the tip of the heart.
Easily customise this jewellery making kit by choosing your favourite briolette beads from our range. This kit also contains more jump rings and wire than you need, so you can keep them for future projects!
1. Firstly, wire wrap the briolette bead. Using 15-20cm of sterling silver round wire, slip the briolette onto the wire around 3-4cm down. Pinch both ends of the wire together at the top of the bead to form a triangle shape. Use round nose pliers to bend the longer length to a right angle and if necessary, use side cutters to cut the short side of the wire. Use round nose pliers to form a loop with the longer side of wire by bending it to a right angle and wrapping it around the tip of the pliers.
Click here for step by step instructions with photos of how to wire wrap a briolette.
2. Before wrapping the wire, slide the loop onto the bottom link of the affirmation charm.
3. Hold the loop flat using snipe nose pliers and begin wrapping the wire down towards the bead. Wrap it back up towards the loop, trim and tuck in with snipe nose pliers. Your wire wrapped briolette should now be secure on your charm.
4. Use side cutters to cut your necklet chain in half.
5. Use a pair of snipe nose pliers or flat nose pliers to twist open a jump ring and attach to the side of the affirmation charm, don't forget to also attach the end link of the necklet chain before twisting the jump ring closed.
6. Repeat step 5 with the other side of the chain and charm.
Your necklace design is complete!
Snipe nose pliers & flat nose pliers
You may like to get our pack of pliers & side cutters which is an economical way of buying all the pliers you will need for every project!
Make the design your own by using your favourite jewellery supplies
How to wire wrap a briolette bead
Read our wire wrapping advice pages with tutorials
The Basics of Bead Stringing by Debbie Kanan
Beading Design by Kim Glover
Kernowcraft's jewellery making kits are aimed to inspire you - therefore the step by step instructions are available online only with a shopping list, where you can easily customise the design to suit you. We recommend printing or bookmarking this page ready to follow.
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
You can buy all the products in this collection at once by clicking the button below or add individual products by clicking the button beside each one.
Total price: £13.99
Total price: £11.50
Total price: £5.55
Total price: £2.70
Additional information: Please check wire fits through the hole
Total price: £9.00