This is a great project for a jewellery making fan involving lots of techniques. Gallery wire settings are so simple to use with your favourite gemstone cabochon. We've used a beautiful iridescent white drusy cabochon and teamed it up with pretty rainbow moonstone beads and a purple flat suede tassel.
1. Place the drusy cabochon into the gallery wire setting.
2. Use a bezel rocker (or spoon) to gently push the claws over the stone to secure it in place.
3. Use snipe nose pliers to twist open a 3.5mm jump ring and attach to the gallery wire pendant. Read our guide on how to open and close a jump ring here.
4. Put to one side and begin to thread the moonstone beads onto the open end of the necklet wire.
5. Thread the end of the wire into the open sterling silver crimp.
6. Using snipe nose pliers, squeeze the sterling silver crimp together securely.
7. Return to the gallery setting. Attach the jump ring in the middle of the threaded beads onto the necklet wire.
8. Now, it is time to make the tassel. Cut 6 lengths of flat suede cord approximately 11cm each.
9. Thread them all half way through the large jump ring. Neaten them up so 3 are in a row and 3 are on top of them.
10. Cut approximately 20cm of 0.3 wire. Hold together all ends of the flat suede and wrap the wire tightly around the flat suede just below jump ring.
11. Use snipe nose pliers to twist open a 3.5mm jump ring and attach to the large jump ring and the gallery wire pendant. Read our guide on how to open and close a jump ring here.
Your necklace is now complete.
Snipe nose pliers - essential for wirework, opening and closing jump rings etc.
Make the design your own by using other gemstone beads.
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
You can buy all the products in this collection at once by clicking the button below or add individual products by clicking the button beside each one.
Total price: £3.00
Total price: £1.99
Total price: £0.99
Total price: £5.55
Total price: £12.80
Total price: £3.99
Total price: £13.50