These turquoise howlite tube beads look beautiful thread onto a triangle and simply hung off earwires - we've chosen our popular sterling silver shepherds crook earwires for an elegant design. This project uses basic wire wrapping techniques for a simple yet effective design.
1. Use side cutters to cut your wire to length - we recommend a length of wire approx 10cm for this design.
2. Simply thread three beads onto the wire roughly onto the middle.
3. Ensure one side of the wire, the end you are going to use to wrap is longer than the other - bend the wire back against the end beads and join together at the top creating a triangle.
4. Pinch both ends of the wire together facing up at the top of the triangle
5. Use side cutters to cut the shorter end approximately 5mm up from the bend.
6. Use round nose pliers to form a loop with the longer side of the wire by bending it to a right angle and wrapping it around the tip of the pliers. Hold the loop flat between the tips of snipe nose pliers and take the long end of wire and wrap it around the stem of both wires - begin at the base and work downwards.
7. Use snipe nose pliers to gently squeeze the coil together. Once you're happy with the wrap, use side cutters to trim excess wire and squeeze the end into the coil for a neat finish.
8. Using snipe or flat nose pliers, twist open the loop of the earwire and attach the loop of the tube bead before closing.
9. Repeat the process for the second earring. Your design is now complete!
You may like to get our pack of pliers & side cutters which is an economical way of buying all the pliers you will need for every project!
Make the design your own by using your favourite jewellery supplies
The Basics of Bead Stringing by Debbie Kanan
Beading Design by Kim Glover
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
You can buy all the products in this collection at once by clicking the button below or add individual products by clicking the button beside each one.
Total price: £3.60
Additional information: Match for earrings
Total price: £2.65
Total price: £1.60