This beautiful wire wrapped apatite briolette bead and starfish charm ring sparkles like the sea on a sunny day. This project uses basic wire wrapping techniques for a simple yet effective design and is perfect for a fan of the coast.
1. Start by wire wrapping the briolette bead. Use side cutters to cut your 0.2mm sterling silver wire to length - we recommend a length of wire approx 15-20cm for wire wrapping briolettes.
2. Slip the briolette onto the wire around 3-4cm down. Ensure one side of the wire is longer than the other - pinch both ends of wire together at the top of the briolette to form a triangle shape, making sure the briolette is central.
3. Hold both sides of the wire with round nose pliers and bend the longer length to a right angle. At this point, work half way up the plier nose to ensure you allow yourself enough room for a good wrap. If necessary, trim any access wire on the short side with side cutters.
4. Use round nose pliers to form a loop with the longer side of the wire by bending it to a right angle and wrapping it around the tip of the pliers. Hold the loop flat between the tips of snipe nose pliers and take the long end of wire and use your fingers to tightly wrap it around the stem of the wires - begin at the base and work downwards.
5. Use snipe nose pliers to gently squeeze the coil together and continue to wrap upwards until you reach the top of the bead. Once you're happy with the wrap, use side cutters to trim excess wire and squeeze the end into the coil for a neat finish.
6. Using snipe or flat nose pliers, twist open the jump ring, attach the loop of the briolette and the starfish charm then attach onto the loop of the ring and close the jump ring to secure.
Your design is now complete!
You may like to get our pack of pliers & side cutters which is an economical way of buying all the pliers you will need for every project!
Make the design your own by using your favourite jewellery supplies
The Basics of Bead Stringing by Debbie Kanan
Beading Design by Kim Glover
Kernowcraft's jewellery making kits are aimed to inspire you - therefore the step by step instructions are available online only with a shopping list, where you can easily customise the design to suit you. We recommend printing or bookmarking this page ready to follow.
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
You can buy all the products in this collection at once by clicking the button below or add individual products by clicking the button beside each one.
Total price: £1.99
Total price: £10.95
Total price: £3.00
Total price: £4.35
Total price: £18.95