We love collecting sea glass and turning it into beautiful handmade jewellery! These sea glass & chain drop earrings are a perfect treat for yourself or a gift for a loved one.
This sea glass project requires a rotary tool and a few tools (listed below) as you will need to drill a hole in each piece of sea glass. This kit contains a pack of 10 jump rings, meaning you can drill 10 pieces from your sea glass collection ready for other creations!
Please note that this kit does not contain sea glass.
1. Choose two pieces of clean sea glass that will dangle nicely from the chain.
2. Next, drill 2 holes in your sea glass - giving enough room to attach a 5mm jump ring. Watch our video on how to drill sea glass below or read our advice page.
3. Use side cutters to cut the silver belcher chain in half, giving 2 equal halves of 5cm each.
4. Twist open a 5mm jump ring using snipe or flat nose pliers and attach through the drilled hole, hook in the end of the chain (that also has a 3.5mm jump ring attached) and twist closed.
5. Twist open a second jump ring, 3.5mm and link in the other end of the chain and the loop of the earwire. Close the jump ring.
6. Repeat the process for the second earring.
Your sea glass earrings are now complete!
Make the design your own by customising the kit with your favourite supplies.
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
There are one or more items out of stock at present.
Total price: £1.99
Total price: £2.99
Total price: £3.00
Total price: £2.65
Sorry, this item is currently unavailable.