Rainbow Fluorite Wire Wrap Ring
We've created a simple wire wrapped ring that can be made in no time at all! Make the perfect treat for yourself or a gift for someone special.
This is a great beginner project, which doesn't require any soldering.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
1. Bend the wire in half around the triblet and position on the point of the ring size you would like.
2. Squeeze tight and overlap the ends to ensure you create a circle.
3. Now, use snipe nose pliers to bend the excess wire facing up. Leave an open gap of approximately 1cm.
4. With the wire still facing up, use round nose pliers to create a loop on each side.
5. Use side cutters to trim any excess wire and use snipe nose pliers to neatly tuck in any loose ends.
6. Next, It's time to wire wrap the fluorite bead. take about 10cm of 0.3mm round wire. You may wish to harden the wire a little before use as it is quite fine and flexible. An easy way to do this is to hold either end of the wire with snipe or flat nose pliers and twist gently in opposite directions, you will notice after twisting a few times the wire will feel a little stiffer.
7. Now use round nose pliers to form a loop about 2cm down from one end. Thread one end of the ring loop into the loop and then create a tight neat coil with the wire by wrapping the shorter end around itself.
8. Next, thread the fluorite bead onto the wire.
5. Leave enough wire on the other end (about 2cm) to complete the ring by using the same wire wrapping technique to attach the wire onto the other side of the ring and wrap around the wire neatly to secure.
Your wire wrap ring is now finished!
The beauty of wire wrapping is that you can experiment with your designs such as adding more loops or creating a thicker band. Have fun and get creative!
Or you can purchase our pack of jewellery pliers and side cutters which is more cost effective than buying individual pliers - plus you get a lovely case to store them in!
CUSTOMISE YOUR KIT
Make the design your own by using your favourite gemstone beads
JEWELLERY MAKING BOOKS
Kernowcraft's jewellery making kits are aimed to inspire you - therefore the step by step instructions are available online only with a shopping list, where you can easily customise the design to suit you. We recommend printing or bookmarking this page ready to follow.
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
Your Shopping List
You can buy all the products in this collection at once by clicking the button below or add individual products by clicking the button beside each one.