This nautical inspired rope bracelet is a modern and minimalist design, which would be a perfect gift for someone special.
Remember to ensure your wrist size is measured and factored into your design.
1. Use scissors to cut 6 lengths of approximately 40cm thread.
2. Take 3 pieces and thread them through the loop at the end of the rope charm. At the centre fold back so you now have 6 strands to plait. Divide them into 3 lots of 2 and begin to plait the strands. We found it easier to pinch the end with a bull dog clip and then plait.
3. Plait 8cm and then tie a tight knot. Cut as close to the knot edge as possible to remove the excess thread.
5. Twist open a jump ring using snipe nose pliers and attach to the loop at the end of the knot cover.
6. Repeat steps 2 to 4 for the other side of the bracelet.
7. Open the bolt ring and add to one of the loops. Fasten the bracelet and your design is complete!
Make the design your own by using your favourite supplies.
The Encyclopedia of Wire Jewellery Techniques by Sara Withers
The Basics of Bead Stringing by Debbie Kanan
Beading Design by Kim Glover
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
There are one or more items out of stock at present.
Total price: £2.35
Total price: £2.95
Total price: £4.55
Sorry, this item is currently unavailable.
Total price: £1.99
Total price: £1.10