This nautical inspired rope bracelet is a modern and minimalist design, which would be a perfect gift for someone special.
Remember to ensure your wrist size is measured and factored into your design.
1. Use scissors to cut 6 lengths of approximately 40cm thread.
2. Take 3 pieces and thread them through the loop at the end of the rope charm. At the centre fold back so you now have 6 strands to plait. Divide them into 3 lots of 2 and begin to plait the strands. We found it easier to pinch the end with a bull dog clip and then plait.
3. Plait 8cm and then tie a tight knot. Cut as close to the knot edge as possible to remove the excess thread.
5. Twist open a jump ring using snipe nose pliers and attach to the loop at the end of the knot cover.
6. Repeat steps 2 to 4 for the other side of the bracelet.
7. Open the bolt ring and add to one of the loops. Fasten the bracelet and your design is complete!
Make the design your own by using your favourite supplies.
The Encyclopedia of Wire Jewellery Techniques by Sara Withers
The Basics of Bead Stringing by Debbie Kanan
Beading Design by Kim Glover
Kernowcraft's jewellery making kits are aimed to inspire you - therefore the step by step instructions are available online only with a shopping list, where you can easily customise the design to suit you. We recommend printing or bookmarking this page ready to follow.
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
You can buy all the products in this collection at once by clicking the button below or add individual products by clicking the button beside each one.
Total price: £2.50
Total price: £2.95
Total price: £5.55
Total price: £1.99
Total price: £1.10