The connection between a mother and child is like no other. This year why not make your mum a unique, simple and striking bracelet that represents the bond you have by incorporating both of your birthstones.
Each month of the year has its own birthstone linked to it - some months actually have two! Each gemstone has a different meaning and properties that have been attached to them throughout history. Adding a stone to represent the mother and child's birthstone would make a really lovely and personal gift.
You can discover your birthstone here.
1. Apply glue to the cabochon settings and set the stones, then leave to dry.
2. Cut your chosen chain in half using side cutters. Ensure that the chain is cut exactly at the halfway point from the chain’s clasp. The link setting section is approximately 3cm so add this into your finished bracelet length when working out your final measurement, as you may need to cut away extra from each side of the chain.
3. Using snipe or flat nose pliers, twist open a jump ring and hook in one side of the small and one side of the large link settings. Twist the jump ring closed.
4. Next, using pliers, twist open a jump ring and attach to one side of the chain and the other side of the small link setting. Twist closed the jump ring.
5. Repeat on the other side linking in the large link setting and the other side of the chain.
Your bracelet is now complete
Make the design your own by using other gemstone beads and settings.
Kernowcraft's jewellery making kits are aimed to inspire you - therefore the step by step instructions are available online only with a shopping list, where you can easily customise the design to suit you. We recommend printing or bookmarking this page ready to follow.
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
You can buy all the products in this collection at once by clicking the button below or add individual products by clicking the button beside each one.
Total price: £8.25
Additional information: Please ensure it fits the setting
Total price: £7.70
Total price: £3.15
Total price: £2.95
Total price: £1.99