Infinity Birthstone Drop Necklace For Everylasting Love
Make this thoughtful infinity charm and gemstone necklace design and easily customise it with two birthstones to create a personalised design!
The infinity symbol is a sign of everlasting love, making this a perfect charm to use alongside birthstones to create a piece of jewellery full of meaning that you can gift to a loved one.
In this design, we've used a ruby bead which is July's birthstone and an aquamarine bead which is March's birthstone as an example of how you can incorporate birthstones. Explore our range of birthstones to find the perfect beads for this design!
This is a lovely gift idea for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day or even as a birthday gift. If creating as a gift, why not pop your necklace into one of our gift bags or boxes.
With the products listed in the shopping list, you will receive more headpins, jump rings and beads than needed which you can use for even more projects!
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
1. Begin by cutting the necklet chain in half using side cutters. You may need to cut away extra from each side of the chain to ensure the finished necklace is the size you require.
2. Use a pair of snipe or flat nose pliers to twist open the jump rings attached on either side of the infinity chain and attach the loose ends of chain to each, before twisting closed to secure.
3. Thread a ruby rondelle bead onto a headpin so that it sits on the head and create a loop with the headpin by wrapping it around the tip of round nose pliers.
4. Use snipe nose pliers or flat nose pliers to hold the loop flat whilst you wrap the remaining headpin wire around itself and down towards the bead. You can use round nose pliers or your hands to wrap the wire. Once you're happy with the wrap, you can use side cutters to trim the headpin. For a neat finish use snipe nose pliers to squeeze the end of the headpin close into the coil.
You can view step by step of the technique on our advice page here.
5. Repeat steps 3 & 4 with the aquamarine bead.
6. Twist open a 5mm jump ring and attach it to the infinity charm where you would like your gemstone drops to hang, add the loops of the gemstone bead drops to the jump ring before twisting closed to secure.
Your infinity birthstone necklace is now ready to wear!
RECOMMENDED TOOLS FOR THIS PROJECT
Pair of flat nose pliers or snipe nose pliers
Or pack of pliers & side cutters which is an economical way of buying all the pliers you will need for every project!
CUSTOMISE YOUR KIT
Make the design your own by using other supplies.
How to wire wrap a bead with a headpin
JEWELLERY MAKING BOOKS
'The Encyclopedia Of Wire Jewellery Techniques' - Sara Withers
Kernowcraft's jewellery making kits are aimed to inspire you - therefore the step by step instructions are available online only with a shopping list, where you can easily customise the design to suit you. We recommend printing or bookmarking this page ready to follow.
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
Your Shopping List
You can buy all the products in this collection at once by clicking the button below or add individual products by clicking the button beside each one.