This project is great if you love creating wire wrapped designs! It's also perfect if you're a jewellery making beginner.
This design features our chakra beads which consist of red agate, peach aventurine, tiger's eye, green aventurine, magnesite, sodalite and amethyst.
Each coloured gemstone represents one of the seven chakras - wearing chakra jewellery is thought to bring positivity and balance to your life, making it a perfect gift for a loved one or treat for yourself.
1. Start by organising the order of your beads, use the photo for reference which features the 7 chakras in order, of you can reverse the order depending on your preference.
2. Use side cutters to cut a length of wire approx 30cm and begin by wrapping the wire around the side of the charm 3 or 4 times.
3. Thread on a bead and wrap again to secure in place.
4. Continue by repeating step 3 with the remaining beads around the charm. Wrap another 4 wraps around the hoop and cut any excess wire using side cutters.
5. Use snipe nose pliers to tuck in the ends of the wire if necessary. If needed, carefully use your fingers to manipulate the placement of the beads.
6. Repeat these steps for the other charm.
8. Repeat step 7 on the other earring and your design is complete!
TIP: You could use slightly thicker wire which will result in a more uniform wrap as it's easier to manipulate.
Side cutters for cutting wire
Make the design your own by using your favourite beads or charms - make sure the hole of the bead is big enough to slide onto the hoop.
Kernowcraft's jewellery making kits are aimed to inspire you - therefore the step by step instructions are available online only with a shopping list, where you can easily customise the design to suit you. We recommend printing or bookmarking this page ready to follow.
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
You can buy all the products in this collection at once by clicking the button below or add individual products by clicking the button beside each one.
Total price: £12.95
Total price: £1.99
Total price: £6.00
Total price: £14.30
Total price: £9.49