We've created a simple wire wrapped ring that can be made in no time at all! Make the perfect treat for yourself or a gift for someone special.
This is a great beginner project, which doesn't require any soldering.
1. Bend the wire in half around the triblet and position on the point of the ring size you would like.
2. Squeeze tight and overlap the ends to ensure you create a circle.
3. Now, use snipe or flat nose pliers to bend the excess wire facing up. Leave an open gap of approximately 1cm.
4. With the wire still facing up, use round nose pliers to create a loop on each side.
5. Use side cutters to trim any excess wire and use snipe nose pliers to neatly tuck in any loose ends.
6. Next, It's time to wire wrap the tube bead. Take about 10cm of 0.3mm round wire. You may wish to harden the wire a little before use as it is quite fine and flexible. An easy way to do this is to hold either end of the wire with snipe or flat nose pliers and twist gently in opposite directions, you will notice after twisting a few times the wire will feel a little stiffer.
7. Hold the tube bead tight in between the open gap at the top of the ring
8. Next, thread the wire through the loop, bead and loop at the other end.
5. Leave enough wire at each end and wrap around the wire neatly at the base of the loop on the ring to secure.
Your wire wrap ring is now finished!
The beauty of wire wrapping is that you can experiment with your designs such as adding more loops or creating a thicker band. Have fun and get creative!
Or you can purchase our pack of jewellery pliers and side cutters which is more cost effective than buying individual pliers - plus you get a lovely case to store them in!
Make the design your own by using your favourite gemstone beads
Kernowcraft's jewellery making kits are aimed to inspire you - therefore the step by step instructions are available online only with a shopping list, where you can easily customise the design to suit you. We recommend printing or bookmarking this page ready to follow.
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
You can buy all the products in this collection at once by clicking the button below or add individual products by clicking the button beside each one.
Total price: £1.35
Total price: £0.90
Total price: £9.00