This on-trend earring design is really easy to make and needs only some pliers and side cutters for the wire work - a great project to practice basic wire wrapping skills! We have used our stunning amethyst tube beads which are a real favourite. If you like the design but fancy using an alternative gemstone, browse our huge collection of gemstone beads here.
Remember to ensure your wire size is appropriate for the beads you are using. In this project, we have used 0.3mm wire.
1. Firstly, find the half way point in your chain and cut with side cutters.
2. Take one piece of the chain and find the half way point. Twist open a jump ring and thread through the middle link on the chain. Catch in the hoop on the ear wire and close the jump ring.
3. Next, take about 10cm of 0.3mm round wire. You may wish to harden the wire a little before use as it is quite fine and flexible. An easy way to do this is to hold either end of the wire with snipe nose pliers and twist gently in opposite directions, you will notice after twisting a few times the wire will feel a little stiffer.
4. Now use round nose pliers to form a loop about 2cm down from one end. Thread one end of the chain onto a jump ring and then into the loop and then create a tight neat coil with the wire by wrapping the shorter end around itself. For a detailed step by step instruction including clear photographs to help you learn the technique click here.
5. Next, thread the tube bead onto the wire.
6. Leave enough wire at the other end (about 2cm) to complete the earring by, using the same wire wrapping technique to attach the wire onto the other side of the jump ring and chain and wrap around the wire neatly to secure.
7. Repeat these steps to create the second earring.
Your earrings are now finished!
The Basics of Bead Stringing by Debbie Kanan
Beading Design by Kim Glover
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
You can buy all the products in this collection at once by clicking the button below or add individual products by clicking the button beside each one.
Total price: £3.90
Additional information: Match for earrings
Total price: £2.65
Total price: £5.40
Total price: £1.99
Total price: £3.00