In celebration of St Patrick's Day, we've made these simple yet eye-catching four leaf clover earrings and added a sweet wire wrapped green onyx bead to complete the look! These would be a perfect 'good luck' gift, featuring these lucky charms and onyx - known as a protective stone.
This kit contains extra beads and wire which you can use for future projects!
1. Begin by wire wrapping the green onyx briolette bead - you can follow our step by step tutorial with photos on how to do this here. Use side cutters to cut your wire to length - we recommend a length of wire approx 15-20cm for wire wrapping briolettes.
2. Slip the briolette onto the wire around 3-4cm down. Ensure one side of the wire is longer than the other - pinch both ends of wire together at the top of the briolette to form a triangle shape, making sure the briolette is central.
3. Hold both sides of the wire with round nose pliers and bend the longer length to a right angle. At this point, work half way up the plier nose to ensure you allow yourself enough room for a good wrap. If necessary, trim any access wire on the short side with side cutters.
4. Use round nose pliers to form a loop with the longer side of the wire by bending it to a right angle and wrapping it around the tip of the pliers. Before wrapping the wire down towards the bead, hook the loop onto the clover charm.
5. Hold the loop flat between the tips of snipe nose pliers and take the long end of wire and use your fingers to tightly wrap it around the stem of the wires - begin at the base and work downwards.
6. Use snipe nose pliers to gently squeeze the coil together and continue to wrap upwards until you reach the top of the bead. Once you're happy with the wrap, use side cutters to trim excess wire and squeeze the end into the coil for a neat finish.
7. Use snipe nose pliers to open the loop of the ear wires and hook on the charm, before closing.
8. Repeat the previous steps to complete the other earrings.
Make the design your own by using your favourite jewellery supplies
The Basics of Bead Stringing by Debbie Kanan
Beading Design by Kim Glover
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
You can buy all the products in this collection at once by clicking the button below or add individual products by clicking the button beside each one.
Total price: £2.65
Total price: £10.70
Total price: £11.25
Total price: £3.00