These smokey quartz faceted round beads and mother of pearl beads look beautiful simply crimped onto gold plated flex-rite wire and hung off ear wires.
We've chosen our popular gold filled earwires for an elegant design. This is a great project for beginners using basic techniques for a simple yet effective design.
This kit contains more beads and flex-rite wire than needed for this project, so you can use them for even more designs!
1. Start by deciding the length you would like your wire to be. We have used 20cm per ear wire. Use side cutters to cut your wire to length.
2. Slip the ear wire roughly onto the middle of the wire.
3. Pinch together the two ends of the wire and thread on a crimp.
4. Push the crimp up to approximately 3cm from the end. Vary the size of the loop to your requirements. At this point check the ends of the flex-rite are level.
5. Use snipe nose pliers to gently squeeze the crimp together.
6. Next, thread on three beads in the order of your choice followed by another crimp. As before, Use snipe nose pliers to gently squeeze the crimp together.
7. Repeat the process for the second earring. Your design is now complete!
Make the design your own by using your favourite jewellery supplies
The Basics of Bead Stringing by Debbie Kanan
Beading Design by Kim Glover
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
You can buy all the products in this collection at once by clicking the button below or add individual products by clicking the button beside each one.
Total price: £4.50
Total price: £3.20
Total price: £4.20
Total price: £1.20
Total price: £4.95