These silver cube beads wrapped with wire into presents and simply hung off earwires are the perfect gift - we've chosen our popular sterling silver shepherds crook earwires to complete this elegant design. This project uses basic wire wrapping techniques for a simple yet effective design.
1. Use side cutters to cut your wire to length - we recommend a length of wire approx 15cm per earring for this design.
2. Simply thread the bead onto the wire roughly onto the middle.
3. Bend both ends of the wire to the top and then bend again towards the centre of the top. Twist the wire together with one twist and rotate 90 degrees before bending the wire back around the cube to the bottom .
4. At the bottom twist together with one twist and rotate at 90 degrees before bending back up to the top. At the top twist together with one loop and tighten.
5. Use round nose pliers to form a loop with the wire as if tying a bow. Form a loop with the other piece of wire and twist them together creating a bow with 2 loose ends.
6. Use snipe nose pliers to gently squeeze the coil together. Once you're happy with the wrap, use side cutters to trim excess wire.
7. Using snipe or flat nose pliers, twist open the loop of the jump ring and attach the loop of the present and the earwire before closing.
8. Repeat the process for the second earring. Your design is now complete!
Make the design your own by using your favourite jewellery supplies
The Basics of Bead Stringing by Debbie Kanan
Beading Design by Kim Glover
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
You can buy all the products in this collection at once by clicking the button below or add individual products by clicking the button beside each one.
Total price: £1.35
Total price: £10.20
Total price: £1.50
Total price: £1.99