We absolutely love using shells in our jewellery designs and it's fast becoming a huge trend in the fashion world! We've created this gorgeous coastal inspired drop necklace using our shell & gemstone bead pack which includes a lovely random selection of seashells, mother of pearl and paua shell chip beads.
Please note that each bead pack comes with a random selection of shell and gemstone beads.
You can use the same technique with your favourite gemstone beads too!
1. Cut 5cm length of 0.3mm sterling silver wire with side cutters for each shell bead.
2. Wire wrap each shell bead using round nose jewellery pliers to make a loop - allow the loop to be big enough for the shell to have room to move to avoid breaking them. Follow our step by step tutorial on how to do this here.
3. Place the ready made chain out and decide where you would like your shell beads to be positioned.
4. Twist open a jump ring and attach a shell bead to the jump ring and onto the chain.
5. Repeat step 4 with all the shell beads until you are happy with the result!
Side cutters - for cutting and trimming wire, head pins etc.
Round nose pliers - for bending loops in wire
Snip nose pliers - for opening and closing jump rings
Make the design your own by using other briolette beads and earwires.
'The Encyclopedia of Wire Jewellery Techniques' by Sara Withers
'The Basics of Bead Stringing' by Debbie Kanan
'Beading Design' by Kim Glover
The suggested products used in this project are suggestions to inspire you. Products used were compatible at the time of making but do be aware that gemstones are natural and hand cut stocks can vary, so do use your own common sense as to the compatibility of each item when making.
You can buy all the products in this collection at once by clicking the button below or add individual products by clicking the button beside each one.
Total price: £7.75
Total price: £3.00
Total price: £1.99
Total price: £10.25